XF 1.1 Support forum - display for staff

Morgain

I'm about to make a support forum where users will not see each other's threads but staff see them all.

It would be easy with one mod but with 2 or 3 how do we show each other we have dealt with a thread?

perhaps I could make prefixes like Done S, or Done T, in different colours for different mods..
Say S is green maybe dark green = Done S and lime green = Alert S ( needs S skills)
I guess a thread showing prefix Done but Unread near the top means new post from the user. The date will help ID that.
What would really help is if one of the mods answers it, it shows Read for the other/s on that forum.

Does anyone have a better way of mods signalling each other they have answered so no need to check (open) an unread thread actually not needing attention?

Some of my members work in pairs. Any way I could make userA able to view userB's threads but not post on them? But not see anyone else's?

This is exactly how we manage our shared e-mail inbox at work. Each person has their own prefix, so the manager (me) can assign the e-mail to an individual, or the individual can assign it to themselves if they pick it up before I have to delegate it out.

You could use an "assigned" prefix, which would show someone has taken it.

Yes thats what I meant by Done! in different colours
I can see the mod name is better

but I can see it happening that while one of us is answering another one duplicates it - like often happens here with supporting newcomer posts
need to be able to see if the other mod has opened it/ is reading it.

Also I'm not sure whether to go with watch forum for both of us, or have each of us select threads to watch.
Watch forum gets us notified on new threads/ posts but we get threads the other has done.
Watch threads is better as we get notified on our selections. But we'd need to keep checking that forum manually for new posts, or searching New Threads for that forum.
Maybe watch threads but I get a little addon to notify/ alert us both of a new thread comes in that forum? You see I want support to be quick to avert problems so a few hours max.

You could use an "assigned" prefix, which would show someone has taken it.

Yes thats what I meant by Done! in different colours
I can see the mod name is better

but I can see it happening that while one of us is answering another one duplicates it - like often happens here with supporting newcomer posts
need to be able to see if the other mod has opened it/ is reading it.

Also I'm not sure whether to go with watch forum for both of us, or have each of us select threads to watch.
Watch forum gets us notified on new threads/ posts but we get threads the other has done.
Watch threads is better as we get notified on our selections. But we'd need to keep checking that forum manually for new posts, or searching New Threads for that forum.
Maybe watch threads but I get a little addon to notify/ alert us both of a new thread comes in that forum? You see I want support to be quick to avert problems so a few hours max.

Got me thinking now.. that's not always a good thing, but bear with me on this.

There's a modification called Staff Room Unread - I have this installed on most of my sites as it adds a nice indicator up at the top alongside Reported Items, Moderation Queue etc. I'm sure you could change the phrases to suit your ideal name - Support Tickets Unread - and you just specify which forum you want it to pull the information from. Would that be of any help, I wonder?

@Azhria Lilu you iz clever I never saw that one.
It's good but I think it shows me an indicator for all posts, not new threads, and it's not affected if someone else has taken the thread.
It's like a support forum needs to have a joint Read/ Unread indicator. So if EITHER of us has Read a post, it shows as Read for both of us.

{EDIT} possibly borbole might take this on as it fits the area he works with watch forum

@Azhria Lilu you iz clever I never saw that one.
It's good but I think it shows me an indicator for all posts, not new threads, and it's not affected if someone else has taken the thread.
It's like a support forum needs to have a joint Read/ Unread indicator. So if EITHER of us has Read a post, it shows as Read for both of us.

You could possibly see if its modifiable to meet your needs. At the very least, it could give you a starting point.

Top Bottom