XF 1.2 Super Admin

LuvMeSumZen

I keep getting a message telling me I cannot do certain things because I'm not a super admin. I am the site owner, how do I make myself a SA?

In your config.php file, is this line:

PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

That is created by default. The user with user ID 1 is by default a Super Admin.

You can change that to the user ID of any other user.

Or you can add additional users:

PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1,2,3';

Thanks for that answer - but it kind of goes without saying if I don't know that, then I have no clue where to do it lol. Is this something I can do from the acp or do I need to do it in cpanel or from myphpadmin etc.? Thanks for all your help on all my issues Chris I really appreciate it. (y)

The config.php file is in the /library directory on your server.

Connect to the server using an FTP application.
Download the file to your PC.
Edit it using a suitable application such as Notepad++.
Upload it again to the /library directory using the FTP application.

Thanks for bearing with me. I draged but did not show more. So you want me to copy the file or actually move it to edit? because if I move it, that will not effect the performance of my forum while it's gone?

Thanks all for the excellent help. I right clicked the file and an edit window popped up in notepad. Saved after the edit and it asked if I wanted to reload to the server. Checked my status and I am now SA. Thanks very much for the help and for those links to the manuals too - I am reading them. Trying to anyway ha . . .

Top Bottom