1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Wordpress (responsive) theme?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by craigiri, Feb 3, 2014.

1. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are lots of opinions elsewhere on the web, but I'd rather hear from a smaller group of users - so here goes.

The blog I purchased

has an ancient theme that came with it - Nemeis, which is not responsive nor designed for mobile properly.

I don't need anything fancy - just something to do the job and be relatively easy for me to customize (the XF last posts sidebar, for example, or if I use any of the wordpress bridges here).

It wouldn't hurt for it to look a bit like the stock XF, which I am using on the forum part of the site

It doesn't have to be free - but it would be nice to have a theme which is not here-today and gone next year in terms of use and support.
  2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

I switched back to Genesis after trying many other responsive themes. I'd recommend taking a look at that framework and seeing if there is something you'd like to modify for the site.

Just my two cents.
  3. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I have also bought the Genesis framework and theme for my blog site.
  4. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Thanks all.
    I bought Genesis and one of the stock child themes and installed it - MUCH better! The site seems quite a bit faster and traffic is up quite a bit in the last couple days (maybe the speed combined with the readability).
  5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Genesis is pretty good. I would have chimed in with that as well...but it seems you've got it covered ;)
  6. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

I recommend the Dynamik child theme for Genesis. Lots of options in there!
  7. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

8. vishall

vishall Active Member

X is really good, i bought it last week :)
  9. kezako

kezako Active Member