Suggestions For More Trophy Options/ Criteria

The awards involve or mention monkeys, Eskimos, instability, insanity, tattooed asses, the weight of a forum post, your next life, critics, pride, love, sweatshops, mayors, governors, presidents and Indians...

Do you mean, if they mention (for example) Eskimos, they get an automatic reward? Because if you do, please-I-am-begging-you-please post that as a Mod?

And on the actual topic: I don't think trophies/awards are going to be any real motivating factor until people can show them off somewhere.

Contrary to my previous opinion, I have now decided that I will utilise the Trophy Points system once we migrate over to XenForo.

The reason for this is it's a great way to get your community up and running quickly, learn the new features and to get people more involved.

For starters I plan to delete all the old avatars (waits for expressions of outrage) and encourage everyone to upload a new one, taking advantage of the larger images which are possible in XF.
I will create a thread explaining how to add a new avatar and along with that I will create a new trophy for adding an avatar, assuming of course this is possible.

Once people realise they can gain points for simply adding an avatar then I anticipate many more members will do so, thereby encouraging active participation

So this thread is for discussion on how to engage people and what ideas you have for trophy points.

My initial trophies will be
  • Upload an avatar - 1 point
  • Post a message - 1 point
  • First like received - 5 points
  • First like given - 5 points
Anyone else got any good ideas?

I completely agree, just being active and posting isn't enough. Kinda 'achievement unlocked' feeling makes contributing and being really active, much more fun.

Looking forward to future releases having this extended quite a bit.

Allow us to make incremental trophy points for number of followers.

Heres some others.

1) # of Followers
2) Attachments uploaded
3) media links embedded

My members looooove the trophies so I want to give them some more stuff to get active on the forum for.

(1)First Post Likes: You have received 100 First Post Likes !
(2) Well rounded Likes: Liked by a Diversity of people (Received 30 Likes from each of: Newbies, Active Members, Well Known Members, etc.)
(3) You help Newbies: 1% of Newbies (under 30 posts) have liked a Post by you.
(4) You are bringing in Money: A newbie who liked you became a paid member. Here's your kickback Money.
(5) You Posted something with a Video (YouTube).

Nintendo Wii "Stamps" might be a model for the future of Trophies. or more likely an addition to Trophies.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the end of the video you see the player get a Stamp.

Stamps are like "Passports" of things you have done.

Attachments

• nintendo.wii.stamp.aka.award.for.doing.X.webp
    nintendo.wii.stamp.aka.award.for.doing.X.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
Trophies are a great way to get people to post, but they could also be incredibly valuable to encourage people to learn the mechanics of the site, as well as keep coming back.

Some examples:
  • Fill out your profile completely - "Personal Touch"
  • Update your status once a day for x days - "The Informant"
  • Submit a profile post to x number of users - "Sidelines chatter"
  • Visit (log in) the website every day for x number of days - "Familiar Face"
  • Upload x number of attachments - "A photograph is worth..."
  • Use the search feature x times - "Investigator"
  • Watch a thread - "Caught your eye"
  • Start a thread that gets x number of replies - "Gathered a crowd"
Thoughts on this?

... whynot?
because imo users dont need encouragement to try their hand at influencing the admin process, narking eachother out, trying to get eachother banned, moderated, wasting our time, etc.
ppl that play 'forum police' are both highly annoying and divisive. ppl like that find themselves on my **** list rather quickly.

because imo users dont need encouragement to try their hand at influencing the admin process, narking eachother out, trying to get eachother banned, moderated, wasting out time, etc.
ppl that play 'forum police' are both highly annoying and divisive. ppl like that find themselves on my **** list rather quickly.

Your point has been noted and checked :D Totally agree mate.

Giving out Likes and adding Avatars (or just User CP options) would really be a nice add-on to 1.1 or whenever this will be added.

What's Kier/Mike saying about this?

Top Bottom