Suggestions For More Trophy Options/ Criteria

Could it be possible to limit the amount of "likes" a person can give out on a daily basis?
That way folks use them judiciously only on posts that they really like, that really deserve it.

I see the logic for this ... personally though I feel that the more crack a community has the higher it gets :)

If a post from a user has receive lots of replies, it probably means that it was a good post and, therefore, should receive some points....

• 1 point for every 25 replies for a maximum of 5 points.
  • 1 point for every 250 views for a maximum of 5 points.

Obviously, the number would depend on the traffic each board gets and could be modified by the admin on the admin control panel...

Good call Booth, let's pool our brain power and come up with some good stuff :D

I know that some of it will be specific to your theme or niche, but wouldn't be bad to expand upon the default ones.

The important thing about these excellent trophies and awards is that they don't become facile or some form of tacky add-on. The way they are currently set on this forum works well. The danger when you add too many is that the whole thing becomes a chase for points or trophies rather that focused on building a community.

Perhaps rewards for supporting new members (not quite sure how!), rewards for answering questions - perhaps a slight tweak in the system to support some form of question followed by an accepted / approved answer (then again that might end up being too complex). How about just having the current standard set and allowing Admin to add more at their choice.

What I'm trying to say is that a system like this needs to reflect the style of the forum. This brilliant new system is so good because it is lightweight and svelte - adding too much complexity will be a drawback.

Perhaps an idea to have trophy's that can only be award-able by mods/admins :)
This would be excellent, only this morning a member became the winner of a long running game on our site. Would be great if he could be awarded a trophy.

I originally posted this thread before we knew whether it was possible to create custom trophies

Now we know that is currently only possible to use the following criteria:
  • User has been registered for at least X days
  • User has posted at least X messages
  • User has received at least X likes
  • User has at least X trophy points
I'm wondering therefore whether this needs to be moved to suggestions or add-on requests.

Hmmm, maybe a a trophy for good behavior.
100 posts without an infraction
500 posts without an infraction
1000 posts without an infraction
5000 posts without an infraction
10000 posts without an infraction

Or maybe make it time based.
30 days without an infraction
90 days without an infraction
etc...

when you get an infraction... you go back to square one.

I like the post idea, rewards participation, the time based awards don't. I know I have members that visit my site regularly but don't post, not interested in rewarding that.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I didn't find anything about it, so I thought I'd post it. I was wondering how hard it out be to implement more variables into making trophies. Brogan made an excellent thread (here) before XenForo was released and I think that they are great ideas for potential trophy points. While what we have is great for the first (and second) release, there's only oh so much that can be done with them without them getting redundant.

Anyone have any other ideas for variables?

If anyone has any good ideas for trophies, please post them here
If I post my brilliant ideas here you will just steal them and claim them as your own. I know how you operate.

So far I have established 17 "trophies" (I call them awards because trophies is kind of gay - and not the good kind of gay) my users will be able to claim. The awards involve or mention monkeys, Eskimos, instability, insanity, tattooed asses, the weight of a forum post, your next life, critics, pride, love, sweatshops, mayors, governors, presidents and Indians.

Now I feel that I've probably given away too much information...

Top Bottom