Suggestions For More Trophy Options/ Criteria

I guess I'm more of a purist, but why can't the trophies be an addon? Is there really a reason this is part of the core, especially considering the obvious expansion that the current iteration needs to become fully fledged for an active community.

They're linked to the user title ladder and have been designed as a key feature and part of the functionality from the outset.

I know this is kind of tough. But some examples would be user log in specific.

Say a user has logged in for a certain amount of time on a day, a user logs in on his birthday, a user logs in on a specific date, or time.

Maybe add manual trophy's that will allow an admin or mod give trophy's for doing other things.

I'd like to see a criteria along the lines of "User has been registered...", with the options "before", "on", "after" and then an area where you can select a particular date. :)

e.g. User has been registered before Sep 1, 2011.

I would like to see criteria for content posted in a message - trophies for posting links (we are an educational forum, and references are important!), being quoted (there is an alert for it, why not a trophy criterion?), and such like.

Trophy criteria (award if) suggestions:
  • User has started at least X discussions.
  • User has posted X in the following nodes.
If possible, the user has posted X in the following nodes, it'd be neat if we could add a double criteria of that one. For example 20 posts in node 4 and 100 posts in node 1.

These two would be very useful. In general I would like to see many more criteria.
Especially these:
  • User has given X likes.
  • User has posted in the last X months/days.
  • User has less than X warning points.
  • X number of users posts were liked.
  • User has reported X posts. (if possible only include valid reports with status 'resolved')
I would like to see the same in the user group promotions criteria.

In my view it would be nice to have:

• The user has connected your account XF site to a social network (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) - I think these would be 10 points
• The user has reported a certain number of posts (as I said Alpha1)
• You received a (number x) A visitor messages on your profile
• You wrote a visitor message in different profiles of other users.
• The user has been cited x number of times.
• The user gets extra points for each user range rising.
• The user gets extra points for using a phone connected (I think this trophy would be very difficult to develop).

Top Bottom