Lack of interest [Suggestion] Wording for Watch Replies in Preferences

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Deepmartini

In the user control panel shown here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/alert-preferences.1685/

We need an option to see all of our started threads, AND the ability to watch them. I have created several threads but forgot to set it to "watch" my thread. I would like an easy way to see all my threads AND posts I've written then simply click a tick box to watch them. There should also be a way to set it as default so I can "watch all my threads and posts I write".

The admin panel should give admin the overide to set this as default with users being able to undo automatic "watching".

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Agreed, there is an option in the Preferences page which allows you to watch all threads in which you reply, it would be good to have have another option there to watch all threads you have started.

Also, I think you need a "watch" thread area above the "quick reply" box at the bottom of each thread. See image attached. My text is in red, lower right area. Would also save a step from having to click "more options". The less steps the better. What do you think?

watch.webp

In the user control panel shown here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/alert-preferences.1685/

We need an option to see all of our started threads, AND the ability to watch them. I have created several threads but forgot to set it to "watch" my thread. I would like an easy way to see all my threads AND posts I've written then simply click a tick box to watch them. There should also be a way to set it as default so I can "watch all my threads and posts I write".

The admin panel should give admin the overide to set this as default with users being able to undo automatic "watching".

YjC.jpg

http://xenforo.com/community/settings/preferences
;)

The "show started threads" is a duplicate suggestion :P

Does this automatically watch threads that I create as well? Just says threads when I reply? Please clarify or maybe the wording on that page just needs to be more clear.

If the box is ticked, it will watch any thread you create and any thread you post in.

I think Waddy wants a box that states "Always watch threads I start, but not threads I post in" :P

If the box is ticked, it will watch any thread you create and any thread you post in.

I think Waddy wants a box that states "Always watch threads I start, but not threads I post in" :p

Yep, would be nice. The wording of the current option is also a little ambiguous.

I think Waddy wants a box that states "Always watch threads I start, but not threads I post in" :p

I think that is what he wants.

Yep, would be nice. The wording of the current option is also a little ambiguous.

I really do not see any ambiguity, at all. It is not possible to start a thread without a post.

?

edit: think I understand, change 'reply' to 'post'?

Also on the create thread page, this should be moved up ABOVE the buttons. Otherwise it looks like you have to create a poll then hit the lower submit button at bottom of page. "Watch" area should be above buttons.

watch2.webp

I think that is what he wants.

I really do not see any ambiguity, at all. It is not possible to start a thread without a post.

?

But it is possible to start a thread without replying, and at the moment it says: "Automatically watch threads when you reply".

I think the wording may need to be changed a bit if the Watch Threads you Replied In automatically includes threads you start. It would save checking the extra check box.

Also changed title for better search result of simular suggestion.

Lawrence, I'm not sure if the title change reflects the original suggestion to add a new option to watch threads you have started, which kind of got lost in debating the semantics of the current option.

I posted 2 or 3 separate ideas, but all are here in this thread because they involve "watched" stuff. I am most interested in fixing the language to make it more clear and moving the "watch" options above the post reply buttons (as seen in my 2 screen grabs). This would help to make things simpler and easier to use.

Top Bottom