Not planned [suggestion] Updated Quotes

PixelFX

Would be kinda a neat idea possibly if someone edits their original thread that's been quoted, but then goes back to fix spelling error or other. That any quotes of that thread update spelling or change in the quote as well.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This would probably be too server-intensive... also what if you only part-quote a post? The up arrow is there to navigate to the original post so any changes made can be easily visible in one click!

I think this would be a little intensive and not worth it really. More of then than not it is a spelling correction or something minor and going back and forth to check posts and correct them isn't worth the server resources to devote to.

LOL I +1 this feature suggestion. Twice I've been caught out by a typo. On the otherhand, let's say someone says something they shouldn't I feel the original quoted response should be left intact. With this implemented (if i understood correctly) the quoted remark will change to the authors updated edit.

Thoughts of server intensive comes to mind, however kier and mike are wizards at coding ;)

LOL I +1 this feature suggestion. Twice I've been caught out by a typo. On the otherhand, let's say someone says something they shouldn't I feel the original quoted response should be left intact. With this implemented (if i understood correctly) the quoted remark will change to the authors updated edit.

What he said :P

Would be kinda a neat idea possibly if someone edits their original thread that's been quoted, but then goes back to fix spelling error or other. That any quotes of that thread update spelling or change in the quote as well.

I think this would actually be a bad idea. What if you quoted me to point out a typo, then I fix the typo and that fix propagates to the quote in your post?

I think this would actually be a bad idea. What if you quoted me to point out a typo, then I fix the typo and that fix propagates to the quote in your post?

Good point. I was about to edit my original reponse stating that. You beat me to it.

I've been out of it all day, and not paying attention to most posts today ;(.

Don't make me start stalking, I'll definitely do it.

Do people even use the preview button lol

Anyways that would be too server intensive for just a couple typos. I would much direct these resources elsewhere.

no way. It will have to check the database for the quote, and the post. As opposed to checking the database for the post... in each post. Not worth the extra queries.

Do people even use the preview button lol

Anyways that would be too server intensive for just a couple typos. I would much direct these resources elsewhere.

I use it because TinyMCE is really horrible with spacing... I have to edit a lot to get spacing to be correct.

I use it because TinyMCE is really horrible with spacing... I have to edit a lot to get spacing to be correct.

I have to agree with you there, sometimes when i paste into the box there are tabs and extra spaces which appears. I hope when they have the time they can code their own text box :)

I have to agree with you there, sometimes when i paste into the box there are tabs and extra spaces which appears. I hope when they have the time they can code their own text box :)

Further agreed. When I paste quotes, for example, the font changes completely and it becomes a smaller fontsize.

Yuk, naughty TinyMCE.

Sorry, I think this is a really bad idea.

What if someone typed something you agreed with, you quoted it saying +1!, then they changed it to something completely different. Possibly filled with colorful language or rants, which you did not agree with.

What if someone typed something you agreed with, you quoted it saying +1!, then they changed it to something completely different. Possibly filled with colorful language or rants, which you did not agree with.
Now that would be funny.

I'm now going to +1 this suggestion :D

Now that would be funny.

I'm now going to +1 this suggestion :D

We have actually had the situation where people have linked pictures with the img BBCode to something nice, then the owner of the picture changed the picture to something x rated in their picture hosting account eg photobucket type site.

:D

That sounds like a completely different topic, but it is the same concept.

Thoughts of server intensive comes to mind, however kier and mike are wizards at coding ;) ...

But they can't bend reality. You have to work with what is technically possible.

Anyway, I dislike the idea that someone says something, I quote them, they change their mind, and my post in particular (which might be where I agree with them) appears like I agree with their changed mind, affecting perhaps what others feel/think about me. No thanks :)

Top Bottom