XF 2.2 Suggestion type for Bug Reports

ChrisTERiS

While I've seen that XF use Discussion type forums for Bug reports, I'm wondering if Suggestion type fits better for this case. The Up/Down vote can works fine as confirmation (or not) for the bug from other members.

This post is not a suggestion for this site. Just need to know it for my own site. I'm not so familiar using XF and maybe in suggestion type there are other limitations (eg no thread prefix, extra fields), that can bring me up other problems.

In general, Suggestion type forums have all features of Discussion type PLUS the Up/Down vote?

Thank you
Chris

The Up/Down vote can works fine as confirmation (or not) for the bug from other members.
I was wanting to do this as well, so I posted a suggestion to have an option to not show the tabbed bar with things such as "Your suggestions" since bug reports are definitely not suggestions and that would confuse users.

Up vote my suggestion if you'd like it implemented as well. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/toggle-suggestion-tab-categories-bar-option-per-forum.187534/

Top Bottom