[Suggestion] Spam cleaner: also remove quoted spam

Walter

The spam cleaner is wonderful, here a small suggestion to even improve it further:

Often users quote messages of spammer:

spammer: "buy watch x",
normal user replies with "don't spam our forum!"

It would be nice if I not only could remove the posts of the spammer but also the posts of other users who quoted his posts...

Upvote 9
The spam cleaner is wonderful, here a small suggestion to even improve it further:

Often users quote messages of spammer:

spammer: "buy watch x",
normal user replies with "don't spam our forum!"

It would be nice if I not only could remove the posts of the spammer but also the posts of other users who quoted his posts...

The only problem I would see is if the member says something OTHER then quoting the member; they'd be losing the post the typed as well as a single comment.

I noticed it a lot, my users would comment about the spammer, but keep commenting on the thread at hand as well. 

The only problem I would see is if the member says something OTHER then quoting the member; they'd be losing the post the typed as well as a single comment.

I always told the users: don't comment on spam threads or spam posts. If you choose to do, your post will be removed too. Your problem.
Sounds unfriendly, but it always worked.

I always told the users: don't comment on spam threads or spam posts. If you choose to do, your post will be removed too. Your problem.
Sounds unfriendly, but it always worked.
That is -usually- my stance on it, but the site that had the most problems with spam was a support site, and I was unwilling to remove the posts that were a valid bug report, or a feature suggestion.

I think it should be entirely possible to replace the <Quote></Quote> with post-number the same as the spam-post with something like <Quote>Deleted Spam Post</Quote>

(A small reminder: don't forget, if you want this feature you have to like the first post in the thread, see Mikes post)

This is about removing/changing the quote of spam threads, without deleting the users post.

I have misunderstood what OP was talking about. Anyway. I support the idea, if it can be done, although, the quote is contained in the post data, stored in the post table.

Top Bottom