1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Sign up button

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by woostar, Sep 29, 2010.

1. woostar

woostar Member

In my opinion, the new orange signup button should point to the full signup form:
    http://xenforo.com/community/login/login

At the very least, allow that URL to be accessed direct without the error:
    "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again."

Ta,

:)

2. projectego

projectego Active Member

Perhaps. I'm actually just appreciative that a much more noticeable login/register button was added. I don't really mind whether it points to the login page or just triggers the drop-down login/registration section, to be honest.

3. x3sphere

x3sphere Active Member

Speaking of the new sign up button, I'm not too fond of it, personally... it doesn't fit in with the flow of the theme at all. Feels tacked on. Not that it really concerns me as I'll be changing it anyway, but figured I'd voice my opinion.

On second thought, maybe it's the placement that bugs me rather than the actual style of the button.

erich37 likes this.
  4. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

It sure does look very visible, but that's the whole point of it, isn't it:

... having said that I also had to get accustomed to the looks of the new buttons a bit. Another example:

Post New Thread.png

They somehow don't look quite right (yet) in the overall XenForo style, I agree. But it's not that easy to design good looking buttons, strangely enough. However the gray buttons for [Save Changes] [Upload a File] [Thumbnail] [Full Images] etc when you write a posting for example look simply excellent.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

[Save Changes] [Upload a File] [Thumbnail] [Full Images]

But not usable for [new thread] [sign up] buttons. They would Also look out of place.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So you would prefer this?

reply.PNG

signup.PNG

JVCode likes this.
  7. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

It's the styling I'm not too fond of myself, as I actually like the placement. But. thankfully, it's something that can be easily changed.

8. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

That sign up button doesn't look like it belongs on the page....but I'll try to get used to it.