• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [Suggestion] Show Parent Tree on Page Nodes

Kevin

I'm working with page nodes and the options to List Sibling Nodes and List Child Nodes is pretty darn cool (the page view counter is also pretty cool)! :cool: However, it'd be great if there was an option to also "List Parent Nodes" as well.

Here is why...

I have some categories under the root level. Category A contains the forums, Category B contains pages, and Category C is something else. Within the page nodes of Category B I have some child page nodes. Something like the below...

Category A
-Forum 1
-Forum 2
-Forum 3
Category B
-Page 1
--Child Page 1
--Child Page 2
-Page 2
-Page 3
Category C
-Something 1
-Something 2
-Something 3

I have the options turned on for all of the page nodes under Category B to show sibling nodes and child nodes. When I go to Page 1 under Category B the nifty node navigation menu on the left looks like the below...

Category B
-Page 1
--Child Page 1
--Child Page 2
-Page 2
-Page 3

Oh, that is so beautiful as it will work really nice with what I have in mind. But here is the bad part. If I click on Child Page 1 from the menu I get the below...

Page 1
-Child Page 1
-Child Page 2

I would really love it if instead that when I clicked on Child Page 1 that the left sidebar remained showing me the node tree of Category B like it did when I clicked on Page 1 like above. Since Page 1, Page 2, & Page 3 are all related to each other under my Category B grouping, it'd nice if the user could quickly navigate through the pages instead of having to either click the browser back-button or use the breadcrumbs to navigate back to view the links for the other pages.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So essentially you want additional checkboxes to view grandparent nodes and possibly parent-sibling nodes?