Lack of interest [Suggestion] Postbit Information / Signature

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you wish to flip it to a table to get this functionality, you could. Maybe it could be done with display:table(-row/cell) with the current CSS, I'm not sure. Mock ups are all well and good, but the technicalities of actually achieving this are really quite annoying, especially given how simple it is to describe.

The only problem I've seen is with cross-browser compatibility, unless I haven't seen something?
Min-height is great if your left column is always the same height, or if you make a custom style for one site. However when you're writing CSS for thousands of users, your min-height will only cause problems for a lot of those users. That's why I said it creates more problems than it solves.

Min-height is great if your left column is always the same height, or if you make a custom style for one site. However when you're writing CSS for thousands of users, your min-height will only cause problems for a lot of those users. That's why I said it creates more problems than it solves.
Will not work if someone doesn't fill out all the fields that are showed on the left.

Min-height doesn't really fix the problem. Even if your left column is 300px every time, you don't know the height of the text or the height of the signature. If, using this example, you did a min-height of 300px and someone had a one line post with a 300px high signature, you would have a large blank space after the message. However, to not stretch the page, the signature should've been immediately after.

I like the look of the mockup that was posted. Hopefully there's some (relatively) clean way to achieve it. I think allowing admins to decide what goes into the postbit easily is a pretty awesome feature.

Top Bottom