[Suggestion] Please implement OpenID

I was thinking about running an OpenID/OAuth server in the background for SSO between confluence, custom apps, XF, & WP. If anyone has any better ideas for SSO (other than LDAP), I'm all ears. Until then I have a very strong feature request for something like OpenID.

We use our own openid server, it has very little to do with facebook or twitter.
We run 4 platforms, that need to appear as one, OPENID, or OAUTH are the way to go.
If Xenforo would allow for OPENID (I am not so smart to write my own) it would be awesome!

This is a really old suggestion, but as XenForo 2.3 implements an OAuth Provider it would be really nice if it could also support OpenID Connect - this would allow any OIDC consumer to easily connect to XenForo.

The base OAuth 2.0 intrastructure is already there, so implemnting OIDC on top of that probably should not be that complicated.

haha carlos. you are missing the point here!

integration with facebook, twitter, openid, google accounts is not just about social networking.

it is about making it easy for new visitors to create an account as quickly as possible to start posting.

forum registration forms tend to be very complicated. these third party service makes it much faster as the user can just approve the connectivity, and you get access to their name/email address automatically.

the validation is also no longer required because these accounts are already validated.

when i landed here on this forum, i created my account within a matter of seconds using FB integration. i did not even have to pick a password.

i have personally found out that vb fb integration resulted in more new members joining the forum. because it is just easier to join it!
May I ask of your thoughts in hindsight?

Top Bottom