1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Overwriting a Style, overwrites the description too.

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Kim, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hi there!

I would like to suggest that if you are importing a style, and subsequently updating or overwriting another style, that the description gets overwritten as well.

I know it is a very minor thing, and probably won't affect most people, but it is a minor annoyance for a theme designer, we are finding with the Framework and constant upgrades/betas, that the description is not being overwritten, and as this is where the beta/release info is, it's a bit of a pest to have to manually change that to reflect the new version, and easy enough to forget to do it.

When you conveniently have the "overwrite" option, I think all the fields should overwrite.

Steve10, Claudio and Forsaken like this.
  2. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I agree
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't actually overwrite anything but the templates, as it doesn't want to change what the admin may have customized (title is a good example). I take the point though.
  4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

How about including an option to overwrite description (and possibly title) when importing the style?
    Steve F and Steve10 like this.
  5. Forsaken

Just wondering if I can get a heads up if this will be added, otherwise I'm going to have to look into another method of recording the version of my style framework.
  6. Forsaken

I think this got implemented with 1.1.1 :).
    Fuhrmann likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't recall changing anything thing and don't have any plans to in the short term... :) You could always keep the version in a style property if you wanted.
  8. Forsaken

That's what I started doing.