Lack of interest [Suggestion] Overwriting a Style, overwrites the description too.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kim

Hi there!

I would like to suggest that if you are importing a style, and subsequently updating or overwriting another style, that the description gets overwritten as well.

I know it is a very minor thing, and probably won't affect most people, but it is a minor annoyance for a theme designer, we are finding with the Framework and constant upgrades/betas, that the description is not being overwritten, and as this is where the beta/release info is, it's a bit of a pest to have to manually change that to reflect the new version, and easy enough to forget to do it.

When you conveniently have the "overwrite" option, I think all the fields should overwrite.

:)

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It doesn't actually overwrite anything but the templates, as it doesn't want to change what the admin may have customized (title is a good example). I take the point though.

It doesn't actually overwrite anything but the templates, as it doesn't want to change what the admin may have customized (title is a good example). I take the point though.
Just wondering if I can get a heads up if this will be added, otherwise I'm going to have to look into another method of recording the version of my style framework.

I don't recall changing anything thing and don't have any plans to in the short term... :) You could always keep the version in a style property if you wanted.

Top Bottom