Lack of interest [Suggestion] One more PC issue

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

The Sandman

It's extremely annoying when you spend time composing a PC to someone, only to find that they don't accept them from people not on their list (and you're not on their list). It's true that in such a case, the Member Card and Profile Page "Start a Conversation" links don't appear, so there is a way to tell. But if you use the "Start a New Conversation" link in the Inbox and manually enter the participants there is no advanced warning.

My suggestion would be either to remove the "Start a New Conversation" link from the Inbox and force the person initiating the PC to use the Member Card or Profile Page of the recipient, or to add some kind of permission checking functionality to the Start a New Conversation page.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
in case you were replying to me, I have lowered the privacy permissions after sending you one earlier today, so you could start one with me if you are a member.

in case you were replying to me, I have lowered the privacy permissions after sending you one earlier today, so you could start one with me if you are a member.

I wasn't referring to you in particular (I've been doing a fair amount of conversating lately). A question though - I'm assuming that even if I don't have permission to initiate PC's with a particular member, if that member initiates a PC with me I can still reply to them without being blocked. Is this correct? If not, I suggest it should be.

I'm assuming that even if I don't have permission to initiate PC a particular member, if that member initiates a PC with me I can still reply to them without being blocked. Is this correct? If not, I suggest it should be.
Yes, that's correct. The privacy setting controls starting a conversation or inviting people to a conversation.

I don't like the idea of flat out removing the start new conversation from the inbox tab. That takes away functionality and ease of use. If anything, I'd say that if it were possible to AJAX check if someone can receive a PC from you after putting them in the recipient list, that would be the most beneficial. It can work similarly to how many forums do a username check at registration; a simple warning "Soandso has chosen not to receive Private Conversations from those they are not following".

If anything, I'd say that if it were possible to AJAX check if someone can receive a PC from you after putting them in the recipient list, that would be the most beneficial. It can work similarly to how many forums do a username check at registration; a simple warning "Soandso has chosen not to receive Private Conversations from those they are not following".

That would work for me. :)

Yes I've had this happen and it's INFURIATING.
There should definitely be some way of warning at inbox interface if you type in a username who won't receive PC.

I already posted on this somewhere else.

Top Bottom