1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Suggestion: My Threads

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ---MAD---, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ---MAD---

---MAD--- Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I think that being able to see all my threads needs to be simplified. Atm when clicking "Forums", "your watched threads" link appears amongst others, I feel that "My threads" link should be displayed there and perhaps also when you click on your name (beside the inbox name), the link should be placed under/above "Watched threads" as well.

Moses and Dream like this.
  2. Dream

Dream Active Member

I made a template mod back then, a double navbar, that came with two links: Threads I Posted and Threads I replied. One of the reasons the template mod was so popular were those links, I'd like to see them on the navbar here aswell if possible.

Edit: They came sorted by last replied, and were very useful.
  3. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Go to your profile page > Postings tab. If you want to find only threads started by you, you can use the Advanced Search feature. Honestly, I don't see this being used enough to warrant an additional item on the navbar (just more clutter). If you really want it in your install, you can make a template edit. :)
  5. Dream

Dream Active Member

My suggestion is "Your watched threads / Threads you started / Threads you replied" in there.
    erich37 and Ahmed like this.
  6. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

+1, I'd like something like that, a link for threads you started and a link for threads you replied will be very nice.
  7. ---MAD---

I think the reason it's not used enough is because it requires effort from end users to load up and possibly many users don't even know how to get to it.

Such a link I reckon would result in users checking their threads more often thus keeping them active for longer.
    Dream likes this.
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

How? It seems to require a search term. I cannot seem to find my posts, or my threads started, using that method.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I feel we need to see which threads we started. I constantly sit here looking for suggestions/threads I've created that have died or that I've not read (I don't watch every thread I reply in), so this feature would be very beneficial to me.. perhaps something like:

P.S: As far as I know there's no way to search for only threads you've started.
    ---MAD--- likes this.
  10. ---MAD---

Exactly the problem I encounter frequently. I like to track my suggestions on this forum for example but sometimes it's a hassle finding them quickly.
  11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just realized that feature isn't implemented yet. I thought it was, but it's not. :)
  12. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i hope that xenforo will have a navigation editor.
    it is 2010 afterall.
  13. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I agree.
  14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

It's a very real possibility, although if they do the template syntax well it may not even be necessary. :)
  15. James

James Well-Known Member

<xen:nav> nav content</xen:nav> would be awesome.. lmao :cool:

This is a must-have though, I don't fancy watching every single thread I create.
  16. Wired

Wired Active Member

+1 to the idea. I admin a couple of support forums and every once in a while people ask where their threads are. Not that it's currently hard to find, but any small change to make it simpler (but clean!) would be greatly appreciated.
  17. Dream

Dream Active Member

I still think there should be a link somewhere for "my topics" and "topics I replied". Like the first post if you want it too.
  18. Dream

Dream Active Member

Those two links on your dropdown menu of your username would be awesome.
  19. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I'm still using my own template mod on vB 3.8. This is a menu in the navbar called 'My Posts', it contains the following links:
    • My Posts
    • My (active) threads
    • Threads I have posted in
    • Who quoted me
    Last option is a custom mod, this links to a page containing all quotes you ever had on your posts. I'm pretty happy with this template mod, members also love it. I probably would try to achieve the same functionality when running XF.
  20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You do realise that at the bottom of your Postings tab there are 2 links for all content and threads started?

Eriksrocks likes this.