Implemented Suggestion: My Threads

---MAD---

Hi there,

I think that being able to see all my threads needs to be simplified. Atm when clicking "Forums", "your watched threads" link appears amongst others, I feel that "My threads" link should be displayed there and perhaps also when you click on your name (beside the inbox name), the link should be placed under/above "Watched threads" as well.

Thoughts?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I made a template mod back then, a double navbar, that came with two links: Threads I Posted and Threads I replied. One of the reasons the template mod was so popular were those links, I'd like to see them on the navbar here aswell if possible.

Edit: They came sorted by last replied, and were very useful.

Go to your profile page > Postings tab. If you want to find only threads started by you, you can use the Advanced Search feature. Honestly, I don't see this being used enough to warrant an additional item on the navbar (just more clutter). If you really want it in your install, you can make a template edit. :)

+1, I'd like something like that, a link for threads you started and a link for threads you replied will be very nice.

Go to your profile page > Postings tab. If you want to find only threads started by you, you can use the Advanced Search feature. Honestly, I don't see this being used enough to warrant an additional item on the navbar (just more clutter). If you really want it in your install, you can make a template edit. :)
I think the reason it's not used enough is because it requires effort from end users to load up and possibly many users don't even know how to get to it.

Such a link I reckon would result in users checking their threads more often thus keeping them active for longer.

I agree with this. I feel we need to see which threads we started. I constantly sit here looking for suggestions/threads I've created that have died or that I've not read (I don't watch every thread I reply in), so this feature would be very beneficial to me.. perhaps something like:
/community/members/james.908/threads
/community/members/james.908/posts

P.S: As far as I know there's no way to search for only threads you've started.

I agree with this. I feel we need to see which threads we started. I constantly sit here looking for suggestions/threads I've created that have died or that I've not read (I don't watch every thread I reply in), so this feature would be very beneficial to me.. perhaps something like:
/community/members/james.908/threads
/community/members/james.908/posts

P.S: As far as I know there's no way to search for only threads you've started.
Exactly the problem I encounter frequently. I like to track my suggestions on this forum for example but sometimes it's a hassle finding them quickly.

I think the reason it's not used enough is because it requires effort from end users to load up and possibly many users don't even know how to get to it.

Such a link I reckon would result in users checking their threads more often thus keeping them active for longer.

I agree.

<xen:nav> nav content</xen:nav> would be awesome.. lmao 8-)

This is a must-have though, I don't fancy watching every single thread I create.

+1 to the idea. I admin a couple of support forums and every once in a while people ask where their threads are. Not that it's currently hard to find, but any small change to make it simpler (but clean!) would be greatly appreciated.

I still think there should be a link somewhere for "my topics" and "topics I replied". Like the first post if you want it too.

I'm still using my own template mod on vB 3.8. This is a menu in the navbar called 'My Posts', it contains the following links:
  • My Posts
  • My (active) threads
  • Threads I have posted in
  • Who quoted me
Last option is a custom mod, this links to a page containing all quotes you ever had on your posts. I'm pretty happy with this template mod, members also love it. I probably would try to achieve the same functionality when running XF.

Top Bottom