Lack of interest Suggestion: Mark thread with attachments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What's the purpose though? I've never found that particularly useful...
Yeah, I'd always wondered that too. The only time I've wanted it is if I wanted to see what the attachment template looks like. ;)

Well depending on the board and the topic, having a visual confirmation of attachments makes it easier to sort through the threads. I know on a tech help board I used to visit, people would answer the threads with attachments first because they had a visual way to sort through which posts provided photographic details or not.

Well depending on the board and the topic, having a visual confirmation of attachments makes it easier to sort through the threads. I know on a tech help board I used to visit, people would answer the threads with attachments first because they had a visual way to sort through which posts provided photographic details or not.
That's the point.

Also it would be nice if the attachments of a thread can be shown by mouseover as that would make searching much easier.

Yeah, I'd always wondered that too. The only time I've wanted it is if I wanted to see what the attachment template looks like. ;)

Put yourself in this situation, would ya?
You've just searched for the word "Biohazard Laserbeam", and there's a 100 threads popping up. You only need that one thread with the attachment for a cool add-on (the Laserbeam) for biohazard.

Now that's what it's useful for.

Maybe when you search the forums, it will also search the image filenames ?
Maybe the Post Title could be "added" to the image name, to help more with the context of the image ?

Could this be a search option
  • Search for: XYZ
  • [x] only show threads with attachments
Regardless, IMO, this wouldn't be terribly popular, so I think it would be MOD, not a Core Tweak.

Maybe when you search the forums, it will also search the image filenames ?
Maybe the Post Title could be "added" to the image name, to help more with the context of the image ?

Could this be a search option
  • Search for: XYZ
  • [x] only show threads with attachments
Regardless, IMO, this wouldn't be terribly popular, so I think it would be MOD, not a Core Tweak.

No, not a mod, but standard in xenForo, it should be enabled at the beginning and you can turn it off if you want.

You think it's useless, but it isn't.

I was trying to find a better an alternative way for you.
smile.png

Top Bottom