• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Suggestion: Mark thread with attachments

What's the purpose though? I've never found that particularly useful...
Yeah, I'd always wondered that too. The only time I've wanted it is if I wanted to see what the attachment template looks like. ;)
Well depending on the board and the topic, having a visual confirmation of attachments makes it easier to sort through the threads. I know on a tech help board I used to visit, people would answer the threads with attachments first because they had a visual way to sort through which posts provided photographic details or not.

Vossi

Well depending on the board and the topic, having a visual confirmation of attachments makes it easier to sort through the threads. I know on a tech help board I used to visit, people would answer the threads with attachments first because they had a visual way to sort through which posts provided photographic details or not.
That's the point.

Also it would be nice if the attachments of a thread can be shown by mouseover as that would make searching much easier.

Vincent

Yeah, I'd always wondered that too. The only time I've wanted it is if I wanted to see what the attachment template looks like. ;)
Put yourself in this situation, would ya?
You've just searched for the word "Biohazard Laserbeam", and there's a 100 threads popping up. You only need that one thread with the attachment for a cool add-on (the Laserbeam) for biohazard.

Now that's what it's useful for.

Digital Doctor

Maybe when you search the forums, it will also search the image filenames ?
Maybe the Post Title could be "added" to the image name, to help more with the context of the image ?

Could this be a search option
  • Search for: XYZ
  • [x] only show threads with attachments
Regardless, IMO, this wouldn't be terribly popular, so I think it would be MOD, not a Core Tweak.

Vincent

Maybe when you search the forums, it will also search the image filenames ?
Maybe the Post Title could be "added" to the image name, to help more with the context of the image ?

Could this be a search option
  • Search for: XYZ
  • [x] only show threads with attachments
Regardless, IMO, this wouldn't be terribly popular, so I think it would be MOD, not a Core Tweak.
No, not a mod, but standard in xenForo, it should be enabled at the beginning and you can turn it off if you want.

You think it's useless, but it isn't.