1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Make the name in quote open member card

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Sami, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Just noticed I would have used it.
    dvsDave, James, Russ and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Trouble is, to do that we would have to store the user ID in the post body text, as we do with the post ID.
  3. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

Not really a big job though, would be quite useful too.
  4. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Why is this so useful when it only requires just 1 single extra click now? Instead of clicking the name in the quote, we can now click the up-arrow in the quote, we are transported to the post that is quoted and there we just have to click on the Avatar to access the Membercard.

When you think about in practice I never have the need to click on the name in the quote-border, so for me (I understand it's different for everybody) there is no added value for it to be a link. However, what is indeed of value is the fact that we can press the up-arrow, because often I am interested in the post that has been quoted, especially when only a small portion of the source postings is quoted. And as I said... there we have the opportunity anyway to click on the Avatar to access the Membercard.
  5. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Because the arrow can take you to another page in the thread (which is not that usual here), because avatars > names, and because names mostly work like that anyway. It somehow felt intuitive here.
  6. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Why not just make an action which accepts a username and redirects to the appropriate profile? Then you could link to the profile efficiently using just the username.

Though I suppose it would take a fair bit more work to get it working as a member card link rather than just a plain profile link.
    dvsDave likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I myself wouldn't mind having it like this.