[Suggestion] Make a "Lite" version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial products ensures that the development process is the priority for the developers. With that, members will feel comfortable knowing that what they purchased will be constantly developed as well as the devs( owners) need to see a return for their works. Let's face it they can't live off free air.

It'll also take valuable time supporting a product for those skinflints when it be better spent maturing the commercial product and possibility of additional commercial add ons. Just my opinion.

I would be against a free version, and not because I would not want people getting the product (or even a stripped down product) for free, but because it means that development time would be split between two projects. I'd much rather XenForo "premium" be the primary focus. That's just me, though.

IF xenforo can keep the bloat out from version to version, maintain speed, innovate and we continue to hear from developers ... all the other forum software will no longer matter any more.

I think the problem with a "lite" version is that it has to be maintained going forward which is going to erode Xenforo resources from their primary focus, the actual product most of us are here for. I would much rather see a gallery option than a second free version of the forum being developed.

XF Lite? No thanks.
By the way, there's no need for a dislike button. Either you Like it or you don't. It's just that simple.
And "Liking your own content is considered cheating" ;)

I think Xenforo will change the approax of forum software, in the future it's possibile to see ispirations from this forum software (notifications facebook-style, social features) from PHPBB, SMF, BBPress...and you can have a "xf lite". :-)

I understand why it is suggested, it might even help sales believe it or not. But for XF, I just don't think it's a good idea to go this route. Let the focus be on one well developed product, and maybe later on other things can be considered. But even then, I'd rather see them working on a commercial CMS than a free lite version of their forum product. So no I agree with the dislike.

I understand why it is suggested, it might even help sales believe it or not. But for XF, I just don't think it's a good idea to go this route. Let the focus be on one well developed product, and maybe later on other things can be considered. But even then, I'd rather see them working on a commercial CMS than a free lite version of their forum product. So no I agree with the dislike.

I don't agree with the dislike because everyone is entitled to put forth a suggestion no matter how much we all disagree. Dialogue and stating the reasons why it's not a good idea to get a good dialogue going will be far more beneficial than simply disliking the suggestion without any comment with the OP wondering why people dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom