[Suggestion] Make a "Lite" version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with the dislike because everyone is entitled to put forth a suggestion no matter how much we all disagree. Dialogue and stating the reasons why it's not a good idea to get a good dialogue going will be far more beneficial than simply disliking the suggestion without any comment with the OP wondering why people dislike it.
No no, I didn't mean to suggest to include a dislike link, sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that. Just agree with disliking the idea of a free version :)

No no, I didn't mean to suggest to include a dislike link, sorry if I wasn't clear enough about that. Just agree with disliking the idea of a free version :)

OIC. :D Forgive me today, I seem to be in a perpetual blonde state today. *wonders when it'll pass* Sorry dutch my mistake.

Lite version, is the same with lite cheese or other "lite" things. It is only good for the feeling, but it tastes bad!

Another thing: i don't think there are a very big gap between the commercial and the free forum software, a lite version will surely be inferior the to the free forum script alternatives. See in vb the "lite" addon of pro mods and the free addons..."lite" versions are only for evaluation, nothing serious.

How much times shall we repeat it? THIS IS NOT VBULLETIN!

If you like XenForo, you pay for it, just like everyone else!
That's very true, but at the same time you can't help but draw some conclusions knowing this application could have very well been under the vBulletin brand :p. But it isn't and it's awesome that we can install and rub it in :D

I'd rather pay for it and support awesome developers making awesome software. I've donated to the WordPress foundation for exactly the same reason.

Does anyone remember vB Lite? It was discontinued for all the reasons already mentioned... It takes away from development time.

I'm not at all against free bulletin board software, but why have XenForo development forked into both a free and paid version when there are already countless free BBS that are very good? phpBB, SMF, MyBB, etc. are all great products that are completely free.

Not a great idea IMO (the stories I hear of VB Lite come to mind).

I know this may seem a bit blunt, but there is plenty of free BB software out there to go around. If money is a hindrance, go with them to start, and purchase XF once your community gets a bit more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom