Lack of interest [Suggestion] go to TOP button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
1. That's only a javascript function and no ajax :P ;)
2. I also never use this buttons, i'm much faster if i click "pos1"^^

My unnecessary 0,0147€ => 0.02$

Hi
Firstly, I think xenForo is amazing. It is what ipb3 / vb4 should be :)

A little suggestion. The top page button is really useful; when your down a page and want to access the features (IE inbox) at the top its only one button away. The problem is, you have to be at the bottom of the page to access this button.

One solution I have seen is an ajax top page button, that magically appears when you have scrolled down x amount down a page.

An example of this: http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/115
Scroll down the page a bit, and you'll see an arrow button bottom right.

This is not the most major suggestion, nor is crutial, but makes life easier for readers when they are "done" with a topic

Many thanks
addaco

You can grab the jQuery plug-in here: http://lab.mattvarone.com/projects/jquery/totop/ and with a simple template edit you can add it to your own forum ;)

No need to be added to the default theme, is purely cosmetic...

I've merged the latest suggestion for a "top" button into an existing thread.

Although the implementation might be different, the end result is the same so ultimately they are the same functionality.

Until this is implemented, a simple template edit version is as follows:

open template 'post'

find:

HTML:
                <xen:if is="{$canReply}">
                    <a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
                </xen:if>

add after:

HTML:
                <a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" class="item control"><span></span>{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a>

Top Bottom