Lack of interest [Suggestion] go to TOP button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ah, I remember getting into this on another forum. I requested it and everyone said, "Oh no, we don't need that. I just use the [method not available to me, but nobody cared] system." Well, I don't have a home key that takes me to the top of the page, and it's a really handy end-user-friendly feature that (so far as I know) doesn't slow down the system. It could be a tiny up arrow to the left of Post Reply or something, it doesn't have to hog a lot of space.

It's the first thing I'll add myself, if it's not already there.

(And, I have to scroll down to get to the bottom-bar top link so.... what's the point of that.)

Small and minimal , a return to the top link on each post maybe ?

It's an indispensable feature on my forums as the posts get long and it saves mileage on mouse scroll wheels and trackpads :)

It has been suggested before.
+1 for that.
I'd like to see such feature.
It's really useful.

Something I provide for my users, and something I've grown to use a LOT. It's one of those "little" things that adds a ton of usability to my forums.

Agree with this fully. Something I always add for my users. It's one of those "little" things that makes forum usability much nicer.

Adds clutter to an already simple design. It isn't too hard to scroll up and down here.

Isn't too hard to add that link in a template mod. The best part about that is you can do it whereever you want, after every post, every thread, members name anything your controll.

SMF uses UP/Down link (disabled by default) which can be enabled via the ACP.

wcedjp.jpg

3444api.jpg

This is one of those things that my users ask for whenever I add a new style. Once you have it in place for a while, it's one of those things you immediately miss when it's not there.

I used to use this all the time, but now it's actually quicker and less work to just press Home/End on my keyboard than find a little text link or button that does the same thing.

Hi
Firstly, I think xenForo is amazing. It is what ipb3 / vb4 should be :)

A little suggestion. The top page button is really useful; when your down a page and want to access the features (IE inbox) at the top its only one button away. The problem is, you have to be at the bottom of the page to access this button.

One solution I have seen is an ajax top page button, that magically appears when you have scrolled down x amount down a page.

An example of this: http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/115
Scroll down the page a bit, and you'll see an arrow button bottom right.

This is not the most major suggestion, nor is crutial, but makes life easier for readers when they are "done" with a topic

Many thanks
addaco

Top Bottom