[Suggestion] Edit Thread - Display 'Close Thread'?

James

From Kier's video, the following Edit Thread options appear for moderation:
editthread.webp
Open and Sticky.

Wouldn't it make sense to be able to Set Thread Status as Closed? I must admit that I use Close more than I use Sticky on my forum!

EDIT: Just had a thought... if you untick Open, I assume thread status is Closed? :confused:

Upvote 2
Yeah, it didn't make sense at first glance. Perhaps renaming it to Close when unticked would be a nice alternative :)

It's debatable in a situation like this, but it is preferable to have positive options. The thought is that open is more "positive" than closed (though the quintessential bad version would be "not open"). It's sort of 6 of one, half a dozen of another here though.

I see your point Mike and it is probably a smart way of thinking... it's just not something we're used to :p

I'm sure once my moderators are used to it they will like it. It's just the getting used to it period that we have to deal with :p

It's debatable in a situation like this, but it is preferable to have positive options. The thought is that open is more "positive" than closed (though the quintessential bad version would be "not open"). It's sort of 6 of one, half a dozen of another here though.
Yes, I see your point.

But my moderators would need to 'visually memorize'/read that top box should be clicked, and the bottom box should not be clicked for normal threads. As opposed to 'both unchecked' is a normal thread.

Mistakes might happen more often using one method vs the other, especially as new moderators are added.

Yes, I see your point.

But my moderators would need to 'visually memorize'/read that top box should be clicked, and the bottom box should not be clicked for normal threads. As opposed to 'both unchecked' is a normal thread.

Mistakes might happen more often using one method vs the other, especially as new moderators are added.
Valid point. You'd assume if no action was taken on a thread that there'd be no options already ticked in the edit menu...

I can live with the current implementation, it's just going to be a bit difficult for moderators to adapt to it... as long as you read it and understand it, it's fine - but that requires brainpower!

Top Bottom