Lack of interest [Suggestion] Donation/Subscription Facility For Guests

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Neutral Singh

In vBulletin, one can not make contribution/donation using payments.php as anonymous. What if someone wants to make a anonymous contribution to the website and may not want to register? Many people have shied away from registering and donating just because there is no inbuilt anonymous method to make a donation.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
PayPal handles recurring payments. All a subscription system does is automate changes to a person's user groups based on what they buy. If you don't use that, you can get HTML/buttons from PayPal to allow people to pay you.

Though I have to ask, if someone is dedicated enough to your site such that they'd donate, wouldn't they have registered anyway? It's unlikely that one-time visitors will send you any money.

Well it depends on the nature of a website... so many of my members ask me to allow them to make anonymous donations. i think paypal donations has been the most popular add-on on vb.org... :rolleyes:

We sell things off our forum, and have paypal buttons for that. Anyone can buy things, not just members. Works well and is completely independent of the forum.

If I wanted to I could set up a donate button easy enough.

Well it depends on the nature of a website... so many of my members ask me to allow them to make anonymous donations. i think paypal donations has been the most popular add-on on vb.org... :rolleyes:

Sums it up, I'm sure this will roll out at XenForo eventually but as an add-on.

Top Bottom