1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Donation/Subscription Facility For Guests

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Neutral Singh, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh Well-Known Member

In vBulletin, one can not make contribution/donation using payments.php as anonymous. What if someone wants to make a anonymous contribution to the website and may not want to register? Many people have shied away from registering and donating just because there is no inbuilt anonymous method to make a donation.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's anonymous donations, you don't need any application framework - you just need a PayPal donate button.

CyberAP, Doctor, Dan and 1 other person like this.
  3. Neutral Singh

what if the person wants to make recurring monthly donations anonymously?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

PayPal handles recurring payments. All a subscription system does is automate changes to a person's user groups based on what they buy. If you don't use that, you can get HTML/buttons from PayPal to allow people to pay you.

Though I have to ask, if someone is dedicated enough to your site such that they'd donate, wouldn't they have registered anyway? It's unlikely that one-time visitors will send you any money.

Doctor likes this.
  5. Neutral Singh

Well it depends on the nature of a website... so many of my members ask me to allow them to make anonymous donations. i think paypal donations has been the most popular add-on on vb.org... :rolleyes:

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

We sell things off our forum, and have paypal buttons for that. Anyone can buy things, not just members. Works well and is completely independent of the forum.

If I wanted to I could set up a donate button easy enough.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Sums it up, I'm sure this will roll out at XenForo eventually but as an add-on.

8. Neutral Singh

i hope it is well supported as well! ;)

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It sounds like there is a mod over at vborg being discussed. What does it do?