• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [Suggestion] Donation/Subscription Facility For Guests

Neutral Singh

In vBulletin, one can not make contribution/donation using payments.php as anonymous. What if someone wants to make a anonymous contribution to the website and may not want to register? Many people have shied away from registering and donating just because there is no inbuilt anonymous method to make a donation.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
PayPal handles recurring payments. All a subscription system does is automate changes to a person's user groups based on what they buy. If you don't use that, you can get HTML/buttons from PayPal to allow people to pay you.

Though I have to ask, if someone is dedicated enough to your site such that they'd donate, wouldn't they have registered anyway? It's unlikely that one-time visitors will send you any money.

Neutral Singh

Well it depends on the nature of a website... so many of my members ask me to allow them to make anonymous donations. i think paypal donations has been the most popular add-on on vb.org... :rolleyes:

Dean

We sell things off our forum, and have paypal buttons for that. Anyone can buy things, not just members. Works well and is completely independent of the forum.

If I wanted to I could set up a donate button easy enough.

Russ

Well it depends on the nature of a website... so many of my members ask me to allow them to make anonymous donations. i think paypal donations has been the most popular add-on on vb.org... :rolleyes:

Sums it up, I'm sure this will roll out at XenForo eventually but as an add-on.