[Suggestion] Discussion has received x likes :)

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

A small suggestion, requesting to consider to use the data in a discussion in a friendly, community way; such as "likes" of posts, a bigger thread with more good content creates a bigger ratio over smaller threads that die out and have less likes. This could be used for statistics, sorting, or whatever. but a start could potentially be to have a sneaky little line somewhere saying along the lines of:

This discussion has received 12 likes.

Upvote 4
A small suggestion, requesting to consider to use the data in a discussion in a friendly, community way; such as "likes" of posts, a bigger thread with more good content creates a bigger ratio over smaller threads that die out and have less likes. This could be used for statistics, sorting, or whatever. but a start could potentially be to have a sneaky little line somewhere saying along the lines of:

This discussion has received 12 likes.

really interesting suggestion Floris, mine is put the likes count under the views ... :)
download.webp

We already track the number of likes the first message has received, and it's a title tooltip for the column Kurtz is pointing to. I debated about the raw number of likes in a thread, but that's heavily biased to a long thread. The ratio of likes per post is likely of more value, though it may not be significant; a 0 reply thread would move through the list quickly, and a very long thread would likely be pushed down as I suspect a lot of posts won't have any likes. Tricky...

Top Bottom