Lack of interest [Suggestion] Conversations via profile posts?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, I'm aware of this. I guess the way I use Facebook is now how you use Facebook. When somebody posts on my wall, I reply by posting a comment on their wall post; not by going to their wall and responding. This way the conversation is kept all together.

XF offers the same functionality: comments on profile posts... which is what I, personally, prefer. It just seems silly to have to go the the other person's wall to make the reply when you can do it right there on your profile.

I understand your point, but then again a lot of users are used to vBulletin's visitor messaging and it'd feel more homely to wall-to-wall post. I personally just comment on a post too.

Yes, I'm aware of this. I guess the way I use Facebook is now how you use Facebook. When somebody posts on my wall, I reply by posting a comment on their wall post; not by going to their wall and responding. This way the conversation is kept all together.

XF offers the same functionality: comments on profile posts... which is what I, personally, prefer. It just seems silly to have to go the the other person's wall to make the reply when you can do it right there on your profile.

Makes a very decent point, however XF is missing alerts to say 'x has commented on your profile post'

vBulletin's visitor messages.. work similar as wall posts.

*finds example*

VWh.jpg

Results in:

fef6b1f995cb4fdd9b94962.png

There's a difference between "viewing conversations" like in the vB and "commenting on" conversations like on FB or in our xenforo profiles.

I understand your point, but then again a lot of users are used to vBulletin's visitor messaging and it'd feel more homely to wall-to-wall post. I personally just comment on a post too.
Yeah, I can see that. But the fact that it's what "vB users are used to" really shouldn't hold much weight (if any at all).
Nick said:
There are two extremes that some people seem to be leaning towards: "vBulletin has it, so XF should too" or "But vBulletin has this feature. We want to be different". Both are extreme, and neither are necessary. Who cares what everybody else does. If a feature is useful or beneficial, then it's worth implementing. If it's useless or unnecessary, then it's not worth implementing.
(http://xenforo.com/community/thread...tin.1205/#post-15901)

Makes a very decent point, however XF is missing alerts to say 'x has commented on your profile post'
Ahh, that should probably be posted as a bug.

Ahh, that should probably be posted as a bug.
Seems to be working now. :) Quick bug fix, eh?

Only thing is it said 'Nick also commented on Jonathan's profile post' Jonathan should be 'your' and 'also' shouldn't be there. I guess wording can be worked on.

Hmm, it could be that they haven't gotten to that feature yet, it could be that they want to add an "Alert me when I get a comment" option and haven't have time to code it in yet. But it is a good catch and worth posting up.

Top Bottom