[Suggestion] Change wording from YOUR towards MY

Status
Not open for further replies.

erich37

I would suggest to change the wording from "YOUR" towards "MY" on the following:

- Your Account
- Your Content
- Your Notifications
- Your News Feed
etc.

it is much more intuitive when it reads:
- My Account
- My Content
- My Notifications
- My News Feed
etc.

Upvote 5
My makes it sound personal. "Your" makes it sound like they're talking to you... though XF is a pretty amazing piece of software that does talk to you ;)

Personally I'd have neither and just have Account, News Feed, Notifications, etc.

After all "Watched Threads" isn't "Your Watched Threads" ;)

Facebook does this with some things: "Profile", "Account", "Account settings".... but then there's "Edit my profile".

Which is why personally I would just drop all the "your", "my", etc.

If it doesn't relate to you or your account then just prefix it with something like "all" or "everyone's".

I think of it more as the forum is telling you, "Your Content", "Your news feed" ect :)

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to customize when it launches to you're liking.

It was a conscious decision on our part to use 'your' rather than 'my' throughout XenForo. Most importantly, we do it consistently.

If you fancy a giggle, look at Facebook's main login/signup page for some serious your/my confusion.

It was a conscious decision on our part to use 'your' rather than 'my' throughout XenForo. Most importantly, we do it consistently.

If you fancy a giggle, look at Facebook's main login/signup page for some serious your/my confusion.

yeah, as long as it is used consistently, both work fine. If you start using whatever feels right at the time things get confusing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom