Lack of interest [Suggestion] Behaviour after "revert template"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kim

Hi there!

Here's a little something I think could be improved. Right now if you go into the "Outdated Templates" List to update a Style, you are offered a list of the templates that need to be brought up to date.

Clicking on one will open the template, and then, currently when you click the "Revert-template" option within a template, after the actual Reverting you are re-directed back to the template list (with your last search if you had one).

I would like to propose a couple of things...

1. The post revert page could be the newly reverted template (in case one wants to add something back in there again)

OR..

2. The post revert page could be the List of "Outdated Templates"

Either would be preferable to the current situation of just taking you back to the Template List imho.

Also, right now there is no way of knowing which template you have just reverted, of course you can just remember it, but if you get distracted, or have a crappy memory you are a little bit lost.

Right now I am doing a big upgrade of a Beta 1 Custom Skin and finding I am having to write down the templates I am reverting, in order to add any relevant template changes back into them after they are updated.

I hope that makes sense :)

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Totally agree, this is a major PITA if you have multiple templates to revert.

If you edit a template from the Outdated Templates page it needs to return you to that page and not the list of templates in that style.

1. The post revert page could be the newly reverted template (in case one wants to add something back in there again)

+1

after reverting some 10 templates it gets reaaaaly annoying to end back to the template list. Usually my workflow is ... click on the outdated template -> Revert -> Apply the changes to the reverted template

Top Bottom