Lack of interest [Suggestion] Alternative style chooser

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah nice, just no automatically created thumbnails yet but that's asking too much probably :p

Well... just be content with what you've (I am not referring to you personally) got right now. I mean, seriously, for a 1.0.0 version of a product, XenForo already offers so tremendously much. I know I have been suggesting and supporting much functionality improvements/additions overhere since July 29th 2010, but I am truly already very happy/grateful what we've got so far. It is so much, on many levels. For the first time in years (vBulletin was already lacking much years ago), I have become enthusiastic/passionate again about forum software and running my site and even attracting new clients! Thanks to XenForo Ltd. I truly hope/wish for a very bright and successful future for XenForo and all parties involved.

I noticed that people don't even know where to change the style on my new site because the link is too small and there is nothing that says change style or choose skin. Is there a modification that has a better style chooser button? I need something to jump out at them so that they know that's where they can change the skin.

I noticed that people don't even know where to change the style on my new site because the link is too small and there is nothing that says change style or choose skin. Is there a modification that has a better style chooser button? I need something to jump out at them so that they know that's where they can change the skin.

Change the css for chooser class!
XF already outputs "Style" there, but it's removed via css:(

Edit the footer template; for example:
Rich (BB code):
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}">{xen:phrase style_chooser}: {$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>

i have no idea what you are talking about but i will check it out in firebug and guess what to do from there

It's already there, but it isn't displayed

<dl >
<xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
<dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
</xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$canChangeLanguage}">
<dt>{xen:phrase language}</dt>
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/language', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase language_chooser}">{$visitorLanguage.title}</a></dd>
</xen:if>
</dl>

Removing the display: none from the dt causes alignment issues (although it can be resolved with further changes).

The quick fix I posted above works fine with no additional work required.

okay i changed it thanks! I did this:

Code:
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}"<b>Style Chooser:</b>{xen:phrase style_chooser}:{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>

Top Bottom