Lack of interest [Suggestion] Alert users when a new forum is created

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Enigma

Just a thought. Add an alert for all users when an admin creates a new forum (that they have permission to see). It would add a nice touch and it would make sure people don't miss the fact that there are new forums to check out.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The Alerts system is based on the principle that the users gets updated for things they participated in. I don't think they should get alerted for this. This would be better the everyone news feed [if it gets implemented] where it's appropriate.

The Alerts system is based on the principle that the users gets updated for things they participated in. I don't think they should get alerted for this. This would be better the everyone news feed [if it gets implemented] where it's appropriate.
Okay, that's a fair point you make about reserving the Alert System for things the member has participated in, instead of letting other stuff get injected in it. It would also be a good counter-point to make on the other suggestion I just made. :)

Just a thought. Add an alert for all users when an admin creates a new forum (that they have permission to see). It would add a nice touch and it would make sure people don't miss the fact that there are new forums to check out.
you could send all your users a mass e-mail via Personal Conversations and tell them about your new Forum. So they will have that information in their Inbox.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-mass-pc-e-mail.2188/

I think it can be very dangerous if there are too many alerts. That thing is going to be going off on a constant non ending basis for some people.

Not this alert by itself alone but with all the things creating alerts it will be dinging a lot.

I just noticed the forums already have an RSS-feed :) Awesome!
(this would help Enigma I think since change adding forums would add to the stream, right?)
(is there a general Forum RSS feed?)
Can we get it similarly for threads in the thread list-view? or at least a 'follow thread' in the thread list-view?

Top Bottom