Add-on When Thread is Created in Forum A, Auto-Create a Template Thread in Forum B

kbryant414

Is there currently an add-on that already does this? I feel like I've seen something similar but when I went hunting, I couldn't find anything. Resource Manager at first seemed like it might work, but I did some testing on a dev board and it didn't quite do what I wanted.

My forum is centered around writing, and one of the things users look forward to is receiving detailed feedback and critique on their work. What I'm hoping to do is set it up so that when a user posts a new thread in Node A or Node B (but not Nodes C, D, or E), a generic thread is also created (maybe by a bot user?) in Node F for "Feedback on [Thread Title]" with a link to the original thread, and set a Prefix to show it hasn't been reviewed, yet. This would allow users to receive normal commentary or have multi-author threads in Nodes A or B, and have Node F where only select people can post to give more detailed or professional feedback.

Any help in locating or creating such a function would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Top Bottom