XF 1.2 Successful upgrade...minor problem

jadmperry

A happy surprise this morning- the release of xf 1.2(beta).

Just installed. No problems on the front end. Only issue is in AdminCp:

I am getting an orange background with this message:

CSS Error: publlc:form.css: Invalid Property Access: aroup: overlayCtrlUnltlabelWidth

The AdminCp issue is that every text is showing in a very narrow window/text width.

Front end is working just fine.

Any ideas?

If it's only happening in the admin CP, there may be a race condition. Try importing the master data again via /install/.

That fixed it!!! Thanks!!!

Just to give background or some additional info that may help others-

I first tried to upgrade using only the upgrade package. When I did that, I got a message that I was already running the current version (at that time 1.1.4), so I downloaded the full package for 1.2, and uploaded that. After I uploaded, the installer went to work and let me upgrade to 1.2; only problem was with the admincp. (Note, I also did not turn off add-ons before on the first try...I turned them off before importing master data...I was confused/wrong about the advice from Slavik on turning off "listeners." That may have been an issue).

Anyway, it is all sorted and seems to be working perfectly!!!

Thanks for the help!

You used the full package to upgrade an existing installation?

Check your avatar and attachment directories - you may have overwritten them and lost the contents.

You used the full package to upgrade an existing installation?

Check your avatar and attachment directories - you may have overwritten them and lost the contents.

Avatars are showing as are all the contents of the RM....so, on that front, all seems well.

Only residual "weirdness" I have going on is that my forums are not showing.

If it makes it easier, take a look at my site: www.pebforum.com

Right now, you get the correct landing page. But, I can't seem to get the /forums page to load.

There's new index route stuff and this may interfere with what XenPorta (and other add-ons that can take over the index route) is doing.

Ah, okay...that relieves my (minor) anxiety. I figured this might be the case. I will play with XenPorta and see what I can fix until any add-on upgrades come out.

Thanks, Mike!!!

Got the following error when starting the upgrade:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /var/www/.../html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 235

Any idea for this?

Got the following error when starting the upgrade:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /var/www/.../html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 235

Any idea for this?

Your host has limited PHP to roughly 40M which is too low. XenForo tries to increase this limit to 128M at run time, but apparently your host doesn't allow this because the error is reporting 40M. That means you can't increase the limit yourself and you need to contact your host.

If it's only happening in the admin CP, there may be a race condition. Try importing the master data again via /install/.

I have the same issue, but not only in the AdminCP. I recreated the Master Data. Noting changes.

I see that some Phrases are missing.

I tried to renew Style-Data, nothing changes.

I disabled all AddOns before I started the upgrade.

I'm in stuck with my site...

I've upgrade without disabling add-ons... my bad...
So, after upgrade procedure the site is unreachable (error 500) and many add ons are impossible to deactivate.
And in adminCP I have this alert:

Schermata 2013-06-20 alle 11.44.05.webp

So I entered in phpMyAdmin and disabled all addons setting the active field to 0, but no still no luck.

So I've done this:
Try importing the master data again via /install/.
but still no luck...

Disabling listener the site is on line...
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

What can I do?

I'm in stuck with my site...

I've upgrade without disabling add-ons... my bad...
So, after upgrade procedure the site is unreachable (error 500) and many add ons are impossible to deactivate.
And in adminCP I have this alert:

View attachment 49429

So I entered in phpMyAdmin and disabled all addons setting the active field to 0, but no still no luck.

So I've done this:

but still no luck...

Disabling listener the site is on line...
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

What can I do?

That means your style is using an old style property. You need to update your style for 1.2. That means reverting any outdated templates thereby removing any references to old style properties. Or contact the style author to obtain an updated version of your style.

Note that this error only happens in debug mode.

Your host has limited PHP to roughly 40M which is too low. XenForo tries to increase this limit to 128M at run time, but apparently your host doesn't allow this because the error is reporting 40M. That means you can't increase the limit yourself and you need to contact your host.

Thanks a lot @Jake Bunce
After my host has increased the limit to 128M the upgrade went smooth like warm butter :)

Top Bottom