1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Successful upgrade...minor problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by jadmperry, Jun 19, 2013.

  1. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

    A happy surprise this morning- the release of xf 1.2(beta).

    Just installed. No problems on the front end. Only issue is in AdminCp:

    I am getting an orange background with this message:

    CSS Error: publlc:form.css: Invalid Property Access: aroup: overlayCtrlUnltlabelWidth

    The AdminCp issue is that every text is showing in a very narrow window/text width.

    Front end is working just fine.

    Any ideas?
     
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

  3. Chris D

    Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

    Have you disabled all add-ons in the first instance?
     
  4. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    If it's only happening in the admin CP, there may be a race condition. Try importing the master data again via /install/.
     
    jadmperry likes this.
  5. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

    That fixed it!!! Thanks!!!

    Just to give background or some additional info that may help others-

    I first tried to upgrade using only the upgrade package. When I did that, I got a message that I was already running the current version (at that time 1.1.4), so I downloaded the full package for 1.2, and uploaded that. After I uploaded, the installer went to work and let me upgrade to 1.2; only problem was with the admincp. (Note, I also did not turn off add-ons before on the first try...I turned them off before importing master data...I was confused/wrong about the advice from Slavik on turning off "listeners." That may have been an issue).

    Anyway, it is all sorted and seems to be working perfectly!!!

    Thanks for the help!
     
  6. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    You used the full package to upgrade an existing installation?

    Check your avatar and attachment directories - you may have overwritten them and lost the contents.
     
  7. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

    Avatars are showing as are all the contents of the RM....so, on that front, all seems well.

    Only residual "weirdness" I have going on is that my forums are not showing.

    If it makes it easier, take a look at my site: www.pebforum.com

    Right now, you get the correct landing page. But, I can't seem to get the /forums page to load.
     
  8. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

  9. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    There's new index route stuff and this may interfere with what XenPorta (and other add-ons that can take over the index route) is doing.
     
    Luke F and jadmperry like this.
  10. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

  11. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

    Ah, okay...that relieves my (minor) anxiety. I figured this might be the case. I will play with XenPorta and see what I can fix until any add-on upgrades come out.

    Thanks, Mike!!!
     
  12. jadmperry

    jadmperry Well-Known Member

    For now, I just disabled XenPorta....my big relief was that the forums showed up as they should.

    Now, on to testing and playing with my "new toy"!!!!
     
  13. Janmaat

    Janmaat Active Member

    Got the following error when starting the upgrade:

    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in /var/www/.../html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 235

    Any idea for this?
     
  14. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

  15. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Your host has limited PHP to roughly 40M which is too low. XenForo tries to increase this limit to 128M at run time, but apparently your host doesn't allow this because the error is reporting 40M. That means you can't increase the limit yourself and you need to contact your host.
     
    Janmaat likes this.
  16. Hoffi

    Hoffi Well-Known Member

    I have the same issue, but not only in the AdminCP. I recreated the Master Data. Noting changes.

    I see that some Phrases are missing.

    I tried to renew Style-Data, nothing changes.

    I disabled all AddOns before I started the upgrade.
     
  17. giorgino

    giorgino Well-Known Member

    I'm in stuck with my site...

    I've upgrade without disabling add-ons... my bad...
    So, after upgrade procedure the site is unreachable (error 500) and many add ons are impossible to deactivate.
    And in adminCP I have this alert:

    Schermata 2013-06-20 alle 11.44.05.png

    So I entered in phpMyAdmin and disabled all addons setting the active field to 0, but no still no luck.

    So I've done this:
    but still no luck...

    Disabling listener the site is on line...
    Code:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;
    What can I do?
     
  18. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    That means your style is using an old style property. You need to update your style for 1.2. That means reverting any outdated templates thereby removing any references to old style properties. Or contact the style author to obtain an updated version of your style.

    Note that this error only happens in debug mode.
     
  19. Janmaat

    Janmaat Active Member

    Thanks a lot @Jake Bunce
    After my host has increased the limit to 128M the upgrade went smooth like warm butter :)
     
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  20. giorgino

    giorgino Well-Known Member

    Thank you Jake, but my style is the default xf style o_O that I've customized via TMS system (now disabled via listener setting)
     

Share This Page