Implemented Subscribe to or watch a forum

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I find this feature quite useful on my existing forum software, especially for forums which aren't heavily used.

When a new thread is created or a reply is made, I receive an email.

Here of course the Alerts system could be utilised instead of or in addition to email.

I though that would be a useful feature, especially for e.g. the Have You Seen and Announcements forums.

Upvote 172
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, another vote from me too. I use this to subscribe to Admin and Feedback forums so that I can be alerted of any important threads.

Yes definitely please.

I also had a mod on VB where I can assign a usergroup to a forum and they all get notifications from that selected forum.
Very useful for work groups like mods, teachers etc.
Another VB mod I have shows tickboxes for an admin selected list of users. The person posting can tick the username (or several) and ensure that that person gets a notification. Similarly good for a work team or work group/ study group.
I'll be asking my coder to do these for XF but has other more priority stuff to do with me first.

You may want to check with xfRocks as he did do a "Watch Forum" plugin for XF...
Might not have the specificity you are looking for, but may be easily modified.
It works, sort of, but doesn't support the "full text" feature of 1.1. I've left a Conversation with the author, but never got a response. But it would be great if they could make this happen for XF 1.2.

I was referring to the option to include the full text of the post in email notifications.

Having re-read your post, I now understand what you mean.

I was just looking for that feature on my forum and realized it wasn't there...my users are all asking for it. I prefer not to install another addon and hope that it will be included in the next version - please...

Top Bottom