Implemented Subscribe to or watch a forum

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I find this feature quite useful on my existing forum software, especially for forums which aren't heavily used.

When a new thread is created or a reply is made, I receive an email.

Here of course the Alerts system could be utilised instead of or in addition to email.

I though that would be a useful feature, especially for e.g. the Have You Seen and Announcements forums.

Upvote 172
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
19 Likes so far, I hope this gets implemented.
95 Likes now..

This is the most important feature that we need.

I've tried explaining to some of our (low tech) members how to use an rss feed... the ones who need it the most are our paying sponsors with sponsor forums, they have no idea when people are posting in their sponsor forums. If those sponsors were local I would go help them, but they are in the UK, Australia, and all over the USA.

Why on earth this suggestion hasn't been implemented into the default xenforo featureset is perplexing to me. This suggestion was recommended back on Sep 9, 2010 -- Why has it not been added as of yet? o.O

J.

Why on earth this suggestion hasn't been implemented into the default xenforo featureset is perplexing to me. This suggestion was recommended back on Sep 9, 2010 -- Why has it not been added as of yet? o_O

J.
Let's hope it's in 1.1. It is the "most liked" feature suggestion in this forum.

Concur with all above about the need for this to be a core feature.

All of our admins & mods are required to subscribe to the administration forum (if they're not active every day).

*must have*

my status now :
hoping that xf 1.1 would include this feature in the release :)
i really don't like the idea of been alert because its just too many alerts but i would love for them to dedicate a page for this
Check out my sketch
Untitled.webp
:eek:sorry for the mess i know xf looks much better than this :D

Top Bottom