Submit your site to the official customer showcase!

Your site has been approved just not published.
Actually.. not what the automated email says... it's says it has been approved AND is displayed... I think the latter is a "boo-boo" left over from an old template that only those that were listed got? I perused the site and didn't see (and really don't expect to) my astro site displayed (in the topical areas it would fit).

If you believe that then nothing I say is going to make any difference.

I'm going to duck out of this thread now and will no longer deal with the showcase, as clearly we can't do right for doing wrong.
No need. I gave up caring a while ago when the staff couldn’t be bothered to update us about what was going on about the showcase. Having my site approved but not published didn’t change that. Good luck with it.

No need. I gave up caring a while ago when the staff couldn’t be bothered to update us about what was going on about the showcase. Having my site approved but not published didn’t change that. Good luck with it.
It comes across as if you are "owed" something. You are not. The showcase is at the discretion of the team. The license in which you purchased has no impact on the showcase. You need to separate the idea that that are.

It comes across as if you are "owed" something. You are not. The showcase is at the discretion of the team. The license in which you purchased has no impact on the showcase. You need to separate the idea that that are.
Sure, it’s up to the team to make the decision to showcase forums that allow the piracy of games, server files, source codes and whatever illegal activity Ragezone permits.

Your policy doesn’t load on mobile. You might want to check that.
I think that the majority of folks that would be interested in
piracy of games, server files, source code....
would generally be actually accessing via a desktop, a device that aids in the easy storage and distribution of them... and not a mobile device that has limited use.
And from the desktop, their policy page loads fine.
And remember... what may be "illegal" in your jurisdiction may not in others.... kinda like how the EU rules don't apply to the U.S. generally.

I for one appreciated the effort @Brogan, even if you have a bias to your secret hobby as the mastermind behind all private servers on the internet /s.

I know it's sarcasm but just to clarify, I had no involvement with selecting any of the sites which are currently published.

All I have done is process the existing ones which were in the approval queue and accepted or rejected them.

The process goes like this:

1. Site is submitted
2. Submission is reviewed
3. Submission is accepted or rejected
4. Submission is published ... if chosen

So I can sleep well tonight safe in the knowledge that I have not been a party to any bias or handpicking.

Nosepicking yes, handpicking no.

Nosepicking yes, handpicking no.
Just as long as you don't admit to butt-scratching/picking. :barefoot:
I was pretty sure a lot of those had been there for a while.... and from what I gathered you were simply going through the backlog.
I do hope that whomever picks the sites do not concentrate on site size (there's a large forums area for that)... but as pointed out, those that have pushed XF beyond what it offers the "casual" admin.

There are various criteria used: size, activity, styling/design, genre leader, innovativeness, uniqueness, etc.

As I have mentioned previously, my own site would never make the cut as it's none of those, but I blame that on the biased moderator dealing with it.

Damn you Brogan!

ian hecox fist shake GIF

Sure, it’s up to the team to make the decision to showcase forums that allow the piracy of games, server files, source codes and whatever illegal activity Ragezone permits.
Most of what is on RageZone falls into the same grey area as emulation, similar to GBATemp; selling of source code would be the closest to being illegal, and they do not allow that 🙃.

It's also ironic that you of all people are now taking issue with copyright, when you were "heavily" inspired for your design in the past 🙃.

There are various criteria used: size, activity, styling/design, genre leader, innovativeness, uniqueness, etc.

As I have mentioned previously, my own site would never make the cut as it's none of those, but I blame that on the biased moderator dealing with it.

Damn you Brogan!

ian hecox fist shake GIF
This is very immature of you. You need to represent yourself well as a moderator. You could have explained the process better a little earlier on. Anyway. I wasn’t expecting any better.

This is very immature of you. You need to represent yourself well as a moderator. You could have explained the process better a little earlier on. Anyway. I wasn’t expecting any better.
Brogan has always had a "weird" sense of humor... I just blame it on his origins.... he wasn't blessed with having a sarcastic AH sense of humor like us Texans.

Monty Python puts proof to the "weird" sense of humor.... well, that and Red Dwarf! 🐵🙈
You mean the language with all the superfluous vowels that we dropped due to ... well, them being superfluous?

:unsure:

Top Bottom