1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub Cats ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ExpertPixels.com, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if it would be possible to lay the sub-cats out like in VB.. i think the drop down menu is a good idea but is a little hard to find for non tech / average internet users..

Anyways appreciate any form of feedback on the above question, Thanks

PS.. Don't laugh at my style, yesterday was my first look at XF.. still very much a work in progress..
  2. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Not by design but you could do it with a fairly simple template edit

Look in the node_forum_level_2 template

and look for:

<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2">
                        <div class="Popup subForumsPopup">
                            <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" rel="Menu" class="concealed"><span class="dt">{xen:phrase sub_forums}:</span> {xen:number $forum.childCount}</a>
                            <div class="Menu JsOnly subForumsMenu">
                                <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                                    <div class="muted">{xen:phrase sub_forums}</div>
                                <ol class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                                <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">
                                    {xen:raw $child}
    That should get you started :)
    Jake Bunce and CMSTemplatez.com like this.
  3. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Thanks for that :) i guess i could have just searched my self lol.. but was kinda hoping i had overlooked a option to set it like this, anyways i will have a play around later with it, Cheers