1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.0 Sub-Categories

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by CFodder, Mar 27, 2013.

1. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have the sub-categories expanded by default in the categories listings on the main resources page? I haven't found the option but knowing my near blindness when it comes to things obvious I couldn't see one.

Only ask as I know my users won't twig to click on a main category to get to the sub-ones.
    rafass, Andy.N, TSPowerr and 2 others like this.
  2. Shinracorp

Shinracorp Member

Do mean like Category 1 and then Sub-Category 1 and then mini-category 1? Then yes, it's actually easy. in the Admin Control Panel to go Applications, then Resources Categories, then click on Create New Category, name your category and description and once that's done go to: Parent Category, and the make it a child of your main category. Same thing can be done if you wish to make another category based off the sub category.
  3. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I know how to make sub-categories :). Just wanted to know how to make them expanded by default if it's possible.
    erich37 likes this.
  4. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

What the OP is asking for I believe is the following. I too would be interested in how this can be achieved.

As it is now /\

and when expanding a category \/

As the OP would like to see it \/

rafass, qz2 and erich37 like this.
  5. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Automatically expanded sub-categories? I would also like to know how to do this.
    rafass, Robert F Schmitz and erich37 like this.
  6. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Any update on this from staff?
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You would need to modify the files or use an add-on.
  8. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

please like the first post of this thread, if you are talking about something like this:

9. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

erich37 likes this.
  10. TSPowerr

TSPowerr Member

I am also interested in this option. 1 year has passed, any progress here?
  11. qz2

qz2 Member

@Robert F Schmitz That is exactly what I was looking for too! Looks like there isn't a way to do this currently without custom code?
    Robert F Schmitz likes this.