Sub-accounts by Waindigo [Deleted]

No, the forums I tested on were clean, with only about 3 other test plugins installed, And it worked brilliantly.

No, the forums I tested on were clean, with only about 3 other test plugins installed, And it worked brilliantly.
I meant on the one where you got the error.

Also, in response to your review:
If you install Login As User (or Post As User), you do not have to give the user the permission to login/post as a different user. The Sub-accounts add-on automatically gives them the permission just for their sub-accounts.

Yes I use post ratings on my proper forum, I'll assume that is where the error is then.

I tried having all 3 installed at the same time on the test one, and couldn't find this option? but then I did only take a quick glimpse of it, I'll look more into it when I get home :P

There is already a permission that can be set per usergroup. Or are you referring to limiting them to creating only a certain number of accounts?
@Waindigo, I meaned limiting how many accounts users can make (per group).
As example.
Admins - unlimited
Moderators - 3
Donated - 1
Usual users - 0

Last edited:
Can a sub-account also create a sub-account?
(I don't want this feature, but I have to check)

Also, how would an admin know user Y is a sub-account of user X?
I checked in Admin List Users and there is no way of them knowing.

Finally, if you ban the main account will it also ban all sub-accounts?

Can a sub-account also create a sub-account?
(I don't want this feature, but I have to check)
It is possible, but you can make sure that it won't happen using the permissions system and making sure that sub-accounts don't have the permission to do it.

Also, how would an admin know user Y is a sub-account of user X?
I checked in Admin List Users and there is no way of them knowing.
There is no way at present. You could use the Login As User by Waindigo add-on to log in as a user and check what sub-accounts they have listed. The only other way is to check the database. If you are interested in contributing to have this feature added, please drop me a PM.

Finally, if you ban the main account will it also ban all sub-accounts?
Not at present.

It is possible, but you can make sure that it won't happen using the permissions system and making sure that sub-accounts don't have the permission to do it.
How would I do this? All sub-accounts are setup as "Registered Users" I presume. I can't see a feasible way of doing this.
If it were possible to make them be setup to a specified usergroup (containing the permissions) then I think it could work.

How would I do this? All sub-accounts are setup as "Registered Users" I presume. I can't see a feasible way of doing this.
If it were possible to make them be setup to a specified usergroup (containing the permissions) then I think it could work.
For now you will have to think the other way round. So you will need to not give the sub-account permission to the Registered Users group and instead add all current users to an additional user group with the appropriate permission.

One other thing...I am trying to install Login as User addon.
But I have already installed the latest Sub-accounts addon. ;)
Do I overrwrite the files it wants me to overrwite or what? :confused:
I don't wish to break Sub-accounts by installing Login as User.

Just overwrite the files. Any files that have the same names are always identical, so nothing will break.

Top Bottom