1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub-accounts by Waindigo [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Jon W, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Sub-accounts by Waindigo - Allow your users to create sub-accounts. Great for character-based forums such as roleplaying sites.

Read more about this resource...

Bellethiel likes this.
  2. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Screenshots?

3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Added.

4. Matthew Hawley

I think it would be nice to have criteria for individual accounts. For example this character's skill is scavenging.

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Custom User Fields?

6. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Does this show connection to the main account to prevent people from making a sub account just to troll on?

MasterPiece likes this.
  7. Matthew Hawley

No so the criteria would show on the sub accounts.

8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Sub-accounts are linked to a parent account. Not sure whether or not this prevents what you are saying. I guess that is up to moderators.

9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Sub-accounts are normal user accounts. So they can have their own custom user fields.

10. The Forum Heroes

I ment like a public display, like maybe somewhere in the the profile page it could say. sub-user-name is a character of -master-account-name's master account.

11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This is not currently an option, no.

12. The Forum Heroes

Ok thanks Jon, I hope you consider it for the future. It could help to cut down on the abuse like Blizzard's official forums do by allowing multi character posting. Trolls simply just make level one characters to cause issues within the forums. Mostly on the WoW forums.

13. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

If someone wishes to contribute to this then I will add it.

The ability to create sub accounts is permission based though, so anyone caught doing anything like this could be banned from creating sub accounts.

14. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

This addon conflicts with Better blogs, when both enabled the site just displays a white page with

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'like_count' in field list is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

15. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Is it possible for sub accounts to automatically be put in a usergroup for the purposes of styling(to help distinguish that they are sub accounts)

PrettyPixels likes this.
  16. Ross Hardy

Ross Hardy Member

I got the same. And I don't have better blogs installed, no idea what mine conflicted with.

EDIT:
    I managed to fix it by:
    Going into filezilla
    Deleting the SubAccounts folder in: /forums/library/Waindigo (or whatever route)
    Refresh the forums to see a bigger error
    Place the folder back in, and go to admin CP link direct
    It will work for about 10 seconds, then error
    Keep repeating till you can disable the plugin that failed to work properly.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

There is a much easier way to disable add-ons:
    http://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Can you please post the full error?

19. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

sadly dont have it anymore, as cleared my error logs today.

20. Ross Hardy

Ross Hardy Member

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'like_count' in field list is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:12 PM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT user...')
    #1 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT user...')
    #2 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT user...')
    #3 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(753): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT user...', 71)
    #4 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(397): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow('????SELECT user...', 71)
    #5 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(883): XenForo_Model_User->getUserById(71, Array)
    #6 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(407): XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingUserById(71)
    #7 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(270): XenForo_Visitor::setup(71, Array)
    #8 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(291): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #9 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(304): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Index')
    #10 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(336): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'LiveUpdate_Cont...')
    #11 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #12 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #13 {main}