Sub-accounts by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Sub-accounts by Waindigo - Allow your users to create sub-accounts. Great for character-based forums such as roleplaying sites.

Description:
This add-on adds the ability for your users to create new sub-accounts or request that existing accounts by added as sub-accounts of their account.

Newly created sub-accounts can be created without requiring an email address or password, meaning a user can create multiple accounts without having to have multiple email...

Read more about this resource...

Does this show connection to the main account to prevent people from making a sub account just to troll on?
Sub-accounts are linked to a parent account. Not sure whether or not this prevents what you are saying. I guess that is up to moderators.

I ment like a public display, like maybe somewhere in the the profile page it could say. sub-user-name is a character of -master-account-name's master account.

This is not currently an option, no.

Ok thanks Jon, I hope you consider it for the future. It could help to cut down on the abuse like Blizzard's official forums do by allowing multi character posting. Trolls simply just make level one characters to cause issues within the forums. Mostly on the WoW forums.

Ok thanks Jon, I hope you consider it for the future. It could help to cut down on the abuse like Blizzard's official forums do by allowing multi character posting. Trolls simply just make level one characters to cause issues within the forums. Mostly on the WoW forums.
If someone wishes to contribute to this then I will add it.

The ability to create sub accounts is permission based though, so anyone caught doing anything like this could be banned from creating sub accounts.

This addon conflicts with Better blogs, when both enabled the site just displays a white page with

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'like_count' in field list is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

This addon conflicts with Better blogs, when both enabled the site just displays a white page with

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Column 'like_count' in field list is ambiguous - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
I got the same. And I don't have better blogs installed, no idea what mine conflicted with.

EDIT:
I managed to fix it by:
Going into filezilla
Deleting the SubAccounts folder in: /forums/library/Waindigo (or whatever route)
Refresh the forums to see a bigger error
Place the folder back in, and go to admin CP link direct
It will work for about 10 seconds, then error
Keep repeating till you can disable the plugin that failed to work properly.

Last edited:
I got the same. And I don't have better blogs installed, no idea what mine conflicted with.

EDIT:
I managed to fix it by:
Going into filezilla
Deleting the SubAccounts folder in: /forums/library/Waindigo (or whatever route)
Refresh the forums to see a bigger error
Place the folder back in, and go to admin CP link direct
It will work for about 10 seconds, then error
Keep repeating till you can disable the plugin that failed to work properly.
There is a much easier way to disable add-ons:
http://xenforo.com/help/disable-addons-config-php/

Can you please post the full error?

Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:12 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT user...')
#1 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT user...')
#2 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT user...')
#3 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(753): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT user...', 71)
#4 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(397): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow('????SELECT user...', 71)
#5 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(883): XenForo_Model_User->getUserById(71, Array)
#6 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Visitor.php(407): XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingUserById(71)
#7 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Session.php(270): XenForo_Visitor::setup(71, Array)
#8 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(291): XenForo_Session::startPublicSession(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#9 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(304): XenForo_Controller->_setupSession('Index')
#10 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(336): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'LiveUpdate_Cont...')
#11 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/content/66/10811466/html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Top Bottom