1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Styles system - revert to Default Style on save change to another style

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Kim, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Hey there,

Not sure if this is expected behaviour or not, but everytime I save a change to one area of a style, the styles system seems to be reverting to the Default Style editing... meaning the next change I make is to the Default Style, not the one I am working on :(

I am trying to remember this and anticipate it, but it would be very nice not to have to, I think you should be editing the one theme until you select another.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can see how this might be unexpected. I'll see what I can do.
    dieketzer, Miko and Dragonfly like this.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Thank you Kier :)
  4. Kier

This is now fixed for beta 2.
    D.O.A., Cool, CyberAP and 5 others like this.
  5. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, I finally figured out that it will always revert to what you've set as the default, so if you make the style you're working on the default you don't have to worry about it.
    cheeseshredder likes this.
  6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

True, however it may not always be desirable to have the skin you are currently messing around with .. be the default :)

I believe Kier has come up with a very viable solution to be implemented in the next Beta.
  7. skhms

skhms Active Member

Looking forward to see exactly what this fix means.

I've noticed that when I'm in debug mode that I keep editing the Master Style templates by misstake since the system always seems to choose it as default.
    Slowly I'm getting used to always dubblecheck first but it's so easy to forget...

CyberAP and Forsaken like this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I got use to that after a day of undoing my modifications :(.
  9. Kier

The problem you describe is the one that is fixed.
    CyberAP and skhms like this.
  10. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

thank god this is fixed.