Style Statistics [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Style Statistics - Monitor how many member are using your styles.

stylestatsbox.png

Have multiple styles on your site?
Wondering if some of them are just dead weight and not being used?

This add-on tracks the actual styles your active members are using in real time when you allow style choices on your site.

Features
  • Style usage is tracked 'Live' in a rolling time period you define
  • Displays Style Statistics in forum sidebar
  • Shows actual style names in use
  • Displays member's...

Read more about this resource...

Free version without postbit info http://xenforo.com/community/resources/theme-usage-information.1696

I like the footer info tho.
I am aware of that one. And one of the users of that mod requested that I port my premium vB version to XenForo. He didn't like the one that he was using.

And my version tracks in real time without having to go to the ACP. In other words, the stats shown in the sidebar change the moment someone changes styles.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRE
Free version without postbit info http://xenforo.com/community/resources/theme-usage-information.1696

I like the footer info tho.
Nothing wrong with alternatives.

The mentality that you can't or shouldn't make X add-on because Y add-on does the same thing or similar is incorrect.

I want to see more add-ons which do the same thing or similar (as well as new things of course). You never know if X maybe more compatible with Y or if the developer were to discontinue one or move on or even die.... Alternatives, giving us all choices to choose from are a good thing.

The mentality that you can't or shouldn't make X add-on because Y add-on does the same thing or similar is incorrect.

I want to see more add-ons which do the same thing or similar (as well as new things of course). You never know if X maybe more compatible with Y or if the developer were to discontinue one or move on or even die.... Alternatives, giving us all choices to choose from are a good thing.
Exactly. Mine is VERY basic, and there is no way I'd charge for it. This one looks a lot more polished with more features.

Did I say it was incorrect? Don't assume that just because I posted a link to a free alternative. That's for my broke peoples.

Installed and working fine... however, it seems a bit confused that I changed the name of a style. The number of people using the style under the new name is slowly increasing, but the number of people using it under the old name is not decreasing. I expected that it would either recognize the name change and so count under the old name would disappear, or that at least the number using it under the old name would decrease.

Installed and working fine... however, it seems a bit confused that I changed the name of a style. The number of people using the style under the new name is slowly increasing, but the number of people using it under the old name is not decreasing. I expected that it would either recognize the name change and so count under the old name would disappear, or that at least the number using it under the old name would decrease.
Everything is stored with both the style ID and style name. If you change the name of a style, you need to reset the statistics in ACP->Options->Style Statistics.

I will look into doing it differently.

Snog updated Style Statistics with a new update entry:

Style Stats Update 1.0.3

An update to Style Statistics has been released.

This update fixes bugs found in 1.0.2...
  • Fix hard coded phrases.
  • Fix statistics not showing when 'Remove from Statistics' is set to zero.
NOTE: If you purchased this add-on prior to April 5, 2014 you will receive an email with a download link and instructions about how to install the add-on.

If you purchased this add-on on or after April 5, 2014, upload the stats_install.php file to your server and run it to update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How should we handle the outdated template stylestats_user_info_style? Merge?
There shouldn't be anything to merge. So, just click on the template and then save.

As a side note, be sure to keep the stats_install.php file somewhere on your computer. It will be needed to install future updates. That way I don't have to send out download links every time an update is issued.

Last edited:
As a side note, be sure to keep the stats_install.php file somewhere on your computer. It will be needed to install future updates. That way I don't have to send out download links every time an update is issued.

Are you saying we should remove it from the server after the upgrade. I didn't see any mention of that in the instructions.

Are you saying we should remove it from the server after the upgrade. I didn't see any mention of that in the instructions.
No, just keep a copy on your computer. The file is automatically removed from your server during install. So to install an update, you'll need to upload and run that file again.

Ah, OK - sorry for all the questions. :D
No problem. The system is new and I expected questions.

I needed to come up with a way to do updates without sending out mass emails. This was the end result. One file for an add-on and you can get all the updates for that add-on.

Is it possible to make the postbit style used info into a link so a user can click it and instantly select the style?

If you mean for the user that made a post and is online, I don't think that would be possible without increasing the number of database queries to a point that it would be detrimental to the performance of the site.

If you mean that anyone can click the link and change styles, that might be better served by a floating bottom toolbar that remains visible at all times. That way it's always available on every page. And that is beyond what this add-on does.

If you mean for the user that made a post and is online, I don't think that would be possible without increasing the number of database queries to a point that it would be detrimental to the performance of the site.

If you mean that anyone can click the link and change styles, that might be better served by a floating bottom toolbar that remains visible at all times. That way it's always available on every page. And that is beyond what this add-on does.

I mean in this image: http://xenforo.com/community/data/attachments/55/55028-1284a42d3eaca9dc5e68b30467ab4431.jpg
That the text "future green" links to the style future green.

Top Bottom