Style Statistics [Deleted]

An update to Style Statistics has been released.

This update adds the following...
  • Add option to link style name in extra user info (postbits) to change styles
Hello Snog. this is optional?

Snog updated Style Statistics with a new update entry:

Style Stats Update 1.0.5

An update to Style Statistics has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on please log in to your account to download the update.

This update fixes the following...
  • Style statistics not updating when a style is changed to unselectable
NOTE: If you make a style unselectable, you must reset the statistics in the add-on options. Also, super-admins are not automatically monitored for which style they are using. Super-admins must actually change their style for their...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who sees the style stats? i want to see the numbers as the admin. I don't need or want the general public to see the stats.

Who sees the style stats? i want to see the numbers as the admin. I don't need or want the general public to see the stats.
As stated in the add-on overview and shown in the settings screenshot it's up to you...

• Forbid usergroups from seeing the member Style Statistics.
  • Allow only one user to see member Style Statistics.

stats1-jpg.55024

Last edited:
I've purchased two licenses and it looks good so far. But I only see member stats. Is there a way of seeing the stats for guests. My forums, like most, have far more guests than members.

Also ... I feel stupid for asking, but what is a postbit?

I've purchased two licenses and it looks good so far. But I only see member stats. Is there a way of seeing the stats for guests. My forums, like most, have far more guests than members.

Also ... I feel stupid for asking, but what is a postbit?
Guest statistics are not kept. There is no place to store the information for guests. Most sites (not all) do not allow guests to change their style.

Postbits = Extra User Info below your name in posts.

Last edited:
Guest statistics are not kept. There is no place to store the information for guests. Most sites (not all) do not allow guests to change their style.

Postbits = Extra User Info below your name in posts.

Worth the money, for me. I have different styles with different ads, and a different number of ads. It's nice to see how many people have been been wiling to se the ads to help pay for the site.

See guests, even if not stored, would be a nice addition. Even if it is only a real time snapshot.

Worth the money, for me. I have different styles with different ads, and a different number of ads. It's nice to see how many people have been been wiling to se the ads to help pay for the site.

See guests, even if not stored, would be a nice addition. Even if it is only a real time snapshot.
Just so you know, I'm not blowing this off.

At this point I can't come up with a reasonably feasible way to do what your asking. What I mean by feasible is without excessive database reads/writes. The data for the style has to be saved somewhere to get it for the statistics when they are displayed. And because all guests have a user ID of zero, it's not as easy to get and tabulate the data as you might think.

If I can come up with a good way to do it, I'll add it. But at this point it doesn't look good.

EDIT: I also did a test on a fairly busy site. In the 3 hours it ran, all guests were using the default style for the site. And none of them changed styles. That is except for me when I changed to be sure the change would log properly. ;)

Top Bottom