[BS] Coronavirus statistics [Deleted]

021 updated [BS] Coronavirus statistics with a new update entry:

.changes:
  • Added phrases for each country
  • Added the ability to select a tab template for Numbers type for full size
  • Added the ability to select the countries that you want to display for the Countries type
  • Added the ability to specify the limit of countries displayed in the tab of Countries type
More about update: https://devsell.io/resources/bs-coronavirus-statistics.20/update/63/

Read the rest of this update entry...

There are always haters to ignore out there. @021, is there a live demo of this addon to look at?

Thank you
.this add-on does not have any additional settings for ordinary users. The demo will be the same as in the screenshots)

Y'all need to lay off this person. This is public data that you can just link to from anywhere on your site if you want to. Most of you want this for free so more people view it on your site. This person is under no obligation to make that happen to you, for free.

.this add-on does not have any additional settings for ordinary users. The demo will be the same as in the screenshots)
It's up to you. I want to buy, but due to not being to test for responsiveness and looks on various devices the buying decision is on hold.

Maybe it is just me but I really find it offensive and in bad taste when people try and make money out of a tragedy like we seeing unfolding in the world today :mad:

Maybe it is just me but I really find it offensive and in bad taste when people try and make money out of a tragedy like we seeing unfolding in the world today :mad:

Do you feel the same way about the news? They sell advertising based on the number of people getting updates on a tragedy.

Reporting a serious problem with this add-on @021 :

My initial page is returning the following error with nowhere to go, just a blank page:

Fatal error: Method XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus::getDateKeyForData() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/politz/domains/forum.politz.com.br/public_html/src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php on line 167 in /home/politz/domains/forum.politz.com.br/public_html/src/XF/Template/Templater.php on line 0

My server log error is going crazy too:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus::getDateKeyForData() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/politz/domains/forum.politz.com.br/public_html/src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php on line 167 src/XF/Template/Templater.php:0
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 16, 2020 at 8:21 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus::getDateKeyForData() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/politz/domains/forum.politz.com.br/public_html/src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php on line 167 src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php:173
Generated by: Unknown account Apr 16, 2020 at 8:21 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php(167): BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus->getDateKeyForData('Deprecated, use...')
#1 src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php(121): BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus->getCvsCountriesData()
#2 src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php(104): BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus->setCvsDataCache('52fb3b06b2cce31...', Array, 'getCvsCountries...')
#3 src/addons/BS/CoronaVirusStatistics/Tab/CoronaVirus.php(36): BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus->getData('countries')
#4 src/addons/BS/LiveForumStatistics/Entity/Tab.php(69): BS\CoronaVirusStatistics\Tab\CoronaVirus->render(false, Object(XF\Http\Request))
#5 src/addons/BS/LiveForumStatistics/Pub/Controller/Statistics.php(15): BS\LiveForumStatistics\Entity\Tab->render(false, Object(XF\Http\Request))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): BS\LiveForumStatistics\Pub\Controller\Statistics->actionTab(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('BS\\LiveForumSta...', 'Tab', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\LiveForumStatistics\Pub\Controller\Statistics), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(BS\LiveForumStatistics\Pub\Controller\Statistics), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(150) "/lfs/tab/?tab_id=covid_most_cases&_xfRequestUri=%2Fforums%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1587079023%2C10bd1f8c7ceb371a54cee2c56f386a3c&_xfResponseType=json"
["referrer"] => string(35) "https://forum.politz.com.br/forums/"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["tab_id"] => string(16) "covid_most_cases"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1587079023,10bd1f8c7ceb371a54cee2c56f386a3c"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thousands and thousands of both of this errors.

The problem started yesterday and today, got worse, like the goddam chinese virus.

Disabling the add-on resolved the issue.

.is it worth adding the ability to output data for certain counties (USA)? And is it worth adding the ability to display a graph of the infection history (for a specific country and for all countries)?

.is it worth adding the ability to output data for certain counties (USA)? And is it worth adding the ability to display a graph of the infection history (for a specific country and for all countries)?

Thanks for your work, 021.

About the counties thing, i don't really think is necessary for me (I'm in Brazil), but if is a optional feature and won't will give much trouble for you, go for it.

And the graphs? Well, that's a very nice addition to this awesome add-on. For sure I'm going to use it.

Y'all need to lay off this person.
It would be nice if you took the time to reply to all of my PM's, emails and questions about the add-on I bought from you.

@021 Thank you for this, I will most likely buy this and your live stats add-on (of course). Is there an example anywhere of that? Thank you.

That is clear for sure. Hope you make your money. Clearly taking advantage of a bad situation.
If you have any public thread with a coronavirus discussion on your forum with ads, you have no room to talk and are a hypocrite.

My revenue increased a couple bucks a day from doing daily updates of just reporting infections (but membership spiked much more). I'm sure this add on would help where it'd be much faster, but I will soon have a press pass to get the info at 2pm and publish the numbers at 2pm5sec as opposed to "giant" newspapers with a 10 minute delay because they probably need to run it by an editor and then sent to the tech team to "run".

If I wasn't so localized, I'd buy this as the discussion paired with it would help streamline stuff and would definitely pay for it in a day or two if you executed it just right.

Can't believe this thread isn't moderated for flak around the ethics of this...

It requires a different add-on for $35 according to the overview page, so technically it's $45 if you're a new buyer.
Either way, from experience, $45 is moot right now cause the AdSense clicks are up with panicked people that just got a $1200 stimulus check.

When, because of 1 discussion, your clicks go 10 fold... you kind of just sit back and be thankful because you are earning so much more temporarily that you can do much more with your forum to make it grow afterward (buy new add ons, license extensions, etc.).

...or don't buy it for $45 and never know how much you'll lose out on.

Still stand by you being a hypocrite on this if you have any threads without "COVID-19" or "coronavirus" censored and have ads on those pages.

Let’s be calm peeps. Fact is, you don’t work for free. No one should. Neither should the dev. He made this, he has costs. Same as everyone else. We don’t even breathe free air for free.
Please try and remain calm and not quick to jump in on attacking. 👍🏻

Top Bottom